Page 1 from 141
Total results: 145963
- Back against.
- Back against.
- To cause (something) to change its shape into a curve, by physical force, chemical action, or any other means.
- To become curved.
- To cause to change direction.
- To change direction.
- To be inclined; to direct itself.
- To stoop.
- To bow in prayer, or in token of submission.
- To force to submit.
- To submit.
- To apply to a task or purpose.
- To apply oneself to a task or purpose.
- To adapt or interpret to for a purpose or beneficiary.
- To tie, as in securing a line to a cleat; to shackle a chain to an anchor; make fast.
- To smoothly change the pitch of a note.
- To swing the body when rowing.
- A curve.
- Any of the various knots which join the ends of two lines.
- A severe condition caused by excessively quick decompression, causing bubbles of nitrogen to form in the blood; decompression sickness.
- One of the honourable ordinaries formed by two diagonal lines drawn from the dexter chief to the sinister base; it generally occupies a fifth part of the shield if uncharged, but if charged one third.
- Turn; purpose; inclination; ends.
- In the leather trade, the best quality of sole leather; a butt.
- Hard, indurated clay; bind.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a ship's sides, more generally called wales, which have the beams, knees, and futtocks bolted to them.
- The frames or ribs that form the ship's body from the keel to the top of the sides.
- A glissando, or glide between one pitch and another.
- To not allow.
- To assert that something is not true.
- To disallow
- to refuse to give or grant something to someone
- To prevent from scoring.
- To disclaim connection with, responsibility for, etc.; to refuse to acknowledge; to disown; to abjure; to disavow.
- To refuse (to do or accept something).
- A secret; secrecy.
- A secret place; hiding.
- An obscure language.
- Darkness; obscurity.
- Hidden; secret; private.
- To hide; secrete, as in a hole.
- To hide oneself; skulk.
- A gatepost or doorpost.
- (now poetic) Ebony; an ebony tree.
- Made of ebony.
- Black in colour.
- a city in Texas, USA
- To strengthen; hearten; comfort; encourage.
- Epsilon Pegasi, an orange supergiant star in the constellation of Pegasus.
- A god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.
- A grandson of Adam.
- name of biblical origin.
- of uncertain origin.
- Resentful desire of something possessed by another or others (but not limited to material possessions).
- An object of envious notice or feeling.
- Hatred, enmity, ill-feeling.
- Emulation; rivalry.
- Public odium; ill repute.
- To feel displeasure or hatred towards (someone) for their good fortune or possessions.
- To have envious feelings (at).
- To give (something) to (someone) grudgingly or reluctantly; to begrudge.
- To show malice or ill will; to rail.
- To do harm to; to injure; to disparage.
- To hate.
- To emulate.
- A hireling of servile status; slave.
- An enemy; fiend; the Devil.
- To take care of oneself, to take responsibility for oneself.
- To defend, to take care of ( definition); to block or push away ( definition).
- A city in the province of Limburg, Belgium
- A hypothetical electromagnetic or gravitational wave held together in a confined region by the gravitational attraction of its own field energy.
- Any of a group of geometric forms capable of being recognised as a component of a real object
- The primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees), those destined to become queens.
- To take hold of; to grasp, hold.
- Made or crafted by cutting, whittling down.
- Having been cut or mown down.
- a small city in Kentucky, USA
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska, USA.
- a CDP in Texas, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- derived from a medieval variant of
- Often with a prepositional phrase, or with and an infinitive: showing a quick and ardent responsiveness or willingness; eager, enthusiastic, interested.
- Fierce, intense, vehement.
- Having a fine edge or point; sharp.
- Acute of mind, having or expressing mental acuteness; penetrating, sharp.
- Acrimonious, bitter, piercing.
- Of cold, wind, etc.: cutting, penetrating, piercing, sharp.
- Extremely low as to be competitive.
- Brave, courageous; audacious, bold.
- To make cold, to sharpen.
- A prolonged wail for a deceased person.
- To utter a keen.
- To utter with a loud wailing voice or wordless cry.
- To mourn.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- The lumbar region; loin.
- The loins; flank; buttocks.
- To allow to be used by someone temporarily, on condition that it or its equivalent will be returned.
- To make a loan.
- To be suitable or applicable, to fit.
- To afford; to grant or furnish in general.
- To borrow.
- to make naked, bare, expose
- A promontory or headland. See ness
- A cape at the southern tip of Norway (also known as The Lindesnes)
- The tongue or pole of a cart or other vehicle drawn by two animals.
- Low; lowest; the ebb or lowest point of a tide.
- Designating a tide which occurs just after the first and third quarters of the moon, when there is least difference between high tide and low tide.
- To trap a ship (or ship and crew) in water too shallow to move, due to the smaller tidal range occurring in a period of neap tides.
- to ooze, to sink, to subside, to tail
- A neap tide.
- A bull or cow.
- Cattle collectively.
- Vegetarian or Vegan meat
- Clean, tidy; free from dirt or impurities.
- Free from contaminants; unadulterated, undiluted. Particularly of liquor and cocktails; see usage below.
- Conditions with a liquid reagent or gas performed with no standard solvent or cosolvent.
- With all deductions or allowances made; net.
- Having a simple elegance or style; clean, trim, tidy, tasteful.
- Well-executed or delivered; clever, skillful, precise.
- Good, excellent, desirable.
- An artificial intelligence researcher who believes that solutions should be elegant, clear and provably correct. Compare
- The part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals.
- The corresponding part in some other anatomical contexts.
- The part of a shirt, dress etc., which fits a person's neck.
- The tapered part of a bottle toward the opening.
- The slender tubelike extension atop an archegonium, through which the sperm swim to reach the egg.
- The extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it.
- The constriction between the root and crown of a tooth.
- The gorgerin of a capital.
- The small part of a gun between the chase and the swell of the muzzle.
- To hang by the neck; strangle; kill, eliminate
- To make love; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle; to canoodle.
- To drink rapidly.
- To decrease in diameter.
- a large, mostly evergreen tree from India, whose seeds yield the insecticide azadirachtin.
- The swede (rutabaga), called "turnip" in Scotland.
- The central region of Saudi Arabia.
- Soft; tender; sensitive; yielding.
- Delicate; weak; poor-spirited; susceptible to cold weather, harsh conditions etc.
- Soft; friable; crumbly.
- To make soft, tender, or weak.
- To act timidly.
- Nasal irrigation performed using a neti pot as part of Hatha yoga.
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- A small lizard-like amphibian in the family Salamandridae that lives in the water as an adult.
- Following in a sequence.
- Being closer to the present location than all other items.
- Nearest following (of date, time, space or order).
- Following in a hypothetical sequence of some kind.
- The one immediately following the current or most recent one
- Closest to seven days (one week) in the future.
- In a time, place or sequence closest or following.
- On the first subsequent occasion,
- On the side of; next to.
- The one that follows after this one.
- town on the river Rupel in the southwest of the Belgian province of Antwerp.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- The state of total nudity.
- A Russian no; a negative response.
- An extraordinary individual.
- A small marble of little worth in children's games.
- A conker that has won one match.
- not closed; accessible; unimpeded
- Not drawn together, closed, or contracted; extended; expanded.
- Actively conducting or prepared to conduct business.
- Candid, ingenuous, not subtle in character.
- Having a free variable.
- Which is part of a predefined collection of subsets of <math>X</math>, that defines a topological space on <math>X</math>.
- Whose first and last vertices are different.
- In current use; mapped to part of memory.
- Not fulfilled.
- Not settled or adjusted; not decided or determined; not closed or withdrawn from consideration.
- Without any fingers pressing the string against the fingerboard.
- Not of a quality to prevent communication, as by closing waterways, blocking roads, etc.; hence, not frosty or inclement; mild; used of the weather or the climate.
- Uttered with a relatively wide opening of the articulating organs; said of vowels.
- Uttered, as a consonant, with the oral passage simply narrowed without closure.
- That ends in a vowel; not having a coda.
- Made public, usable with a free licence.
- Resulting from an incision, puncture or any other process by which the skin no longer protects an internal part of the body.
- To make something accessible or remove an obstacle to its being accessible.
- To bring up (a topic).
- To make accessible to customers or clients.
- To start (a campaign).
- To become open.
- To begin conducting business.
- To enter upon; to begin.
- To begin a side's innings as one of the first two batsmen.
- To bet before any other player has in a particular betting round in a game of poker.
- To reveal one's hand.
- To load into memory for viewing or editing.
- To spread; to expand into an open or loose position.
- To disclose; to reveal; to interpret; to explain.
- A sports event in which anybody can compete; as, the Australian Open.
- a wire that is broken midway.
- (with the) Open or unobstructed space; an exposed location.
- (with the) Public knowledge or scrutiny; full view.
- name of origin, possibly derived from Eugene, cognate to Gaelic Eòghan.
- derived from the given name.
- from the Gaelic Mac Eoghain.
- A town in South Australia
- A town in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- A town in Indiana
- A city in Wisconsin
- The (often spherical) end of the head of a hammer opposite the main hammering end.
- To shape metal by striking it, especially with a peen.
- To hang down.
- To arch over (something); to vault.
- To hang; to depend.
- An archway; especially, a vaulted passageway leading through a tenement-style building from the main street, giving access to the rear of the building or an internal courtyard.
- To pen; to confine.
- To consider pending; to delay or postpone (something).
- oil cake
- To check; to reprimand.
- To clear of mucus; to blow (one's nose).
- The fat of a deer.
- Subsequently; then.
- Before now; ago.
- To kindle; ignite; set on fire; light; inflame; burn.
- To make a tender of; to offer or tender.
- To be likely, or probable to do something, or to have a certain characteristic.
- To look after (e.g. an ill person.)
- To accompany as an assistant or protector; to care for the wants of; to look after; to watch; to guard.
- To wait (upon), as attendants or servants; to serve; to attend.
- To await; to expect.
- To be attentive to; to note carefully; to attend to.
- To manage (an anchored vessel) when the tide turns, to prevent it from entangling the cable when swinging.
- Any of various sea birds of the family Sternidae that are similar to gulls but are smaller and have a forked tail.
- That which consists of, or pertains to, three things or numbers together.
- A lottery prize resulting from the favourable combination of three numbers in the draw.
- threefold; triple; consisting of three; ternate
- to hawk or to peddle merchandise
- to sell wares through a vending machine
- The act of vending or selling; a sale.
- The total sales of coal from a colliery.
- A gradual diminution in power, value, intensity etc.
- The lunar phase during which the sun seems to illuminate less of the moon as its sunlit area becomes progressively smaller as visible from Earth.
- The end of a period.
- A rounded corner caused by lack of wood, often showing bark.
- To progressively lose its splendor, value, ardor, power, intensity etc.; to decline.
- Said of light that dims or diminishes in strength.
- Said of the Moon as it passes through the phases of its monthly cycle where its surface is less and less visible.
- Said of a time period that comes to an end.
- To decrease physically in size, amount, numbers or surface.
- To cause to decrease.
- A child.
- A house or dwelling.
- To cease giving milk to an offspring; to accustom and reconcile (a child or young animal) to a want or deprivation of mother's milk; to take from the breast or udder.
- To cease to depend on the mother for nourishment.
- To cause to quit something to which one is addicted or habituated.
- To cease to depend.
- A small child.
- A course; a way, a path; a journey.
- At an earlier and less prosperous time.
- At what time.
- At such time as.
- Since; given the fact that.
- What time; which time
- The time at which something happens.
- A dwelling.
- To live, reside, stay.
- A house, home, habitation.
- custom, habit, practice
- use, usage
- You, you all; used in referring to a group that includes one's audience.
- Willing, eager, covetous, swift, nimble, earnest.
- eagerly, heartily, gladly, willingly, earnestly.
- name, a less common spelling of Inez.
- Marked by acne; suffering from acne.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- By oneself, solitary.
- Apart from, or exclusive of, others.
- Considered separately.
- Without equal.
- Unique; rare; matchless.
- By oneself; apart from, or exclusive of, others; solo.
- Without outside help.
- To anoint; to give extreme unction to a wound with oil.
- On end; in an upright position.
- Right; continuously.
- Concerning, with regard to, about, in respect to, as to, insofar as, inasmuch as
- In the opinion or judgment of
- Against, in front of, fronting; before; opposite; over against, on the other side
- In a line with; side by side with; on a level with.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- An addition, an extension.
- An appendix.
- An addition or extension to a building.
- An addition to the territory of a country or state, from a neighbouring country or state, normally by military force.
- To add something to another thing; to incorporate.
- To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.
- To join; to be united.
- name. Also, a popular given name in the 19th century.
- Any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color-changing ability.
- The cessation of breathing.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- form of (old unit of measure)
- To run away; escape.
- To outrun.
- Furnished with an awn, or long bristle-shaped tip; bearded.
- A device for cutting the awns from grain.
- name, a new American spelling variant of Aidan.
- A town in North Carolina.
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A river in Ireland.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- Filled with white flakes; mothery; said of vinegar when containing mother.
- A triterpene found in cork.
- Free of dirt or impurities or protruberances.
- Not dirty.
- In an unmarked condition.
- Allowing an uninterrupted flow over surfaces, without protrusions such as racks or landing gear.
- Having relatively few impurities.
- Free of immorality or criminality.
- Pure, especially morally or religiously.
- Not having used drugs or alcohol.
- Without restrictions or penalties, or someone having such a record.
- Not in possession of weapons or contraband such as drugs.
- Devoid of profanity.
- Smooth, exact, and performed well.
- Total; utter.
- Cool or neat.
- Being free of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- That does not the
- Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects.
- Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.
- Well-proportioned; shapely.
- Ascended without falling.
- Removal of dirt.
- The first part of the event clean and jerk in which the weight is brought from the ground to the shoulders.
- To remove dirt from a place or object.
- To tidy up, make a place neat.
- To remove equipment from a climbing route after it was previously lead climbed.
- To make things clean in general.
- To remove unnecessary files, etc. from (a directory, etc.).
- To brush the ice lightly in front of a moving rock to remove any debris and ensure a correct line; less vigorous than a sweep.
- To purge a raw of any blemishes caused by the scanning process such as brown tinting and poor color contrast.
- To remove guts and/or scales of a butchered animal.
- Fully and completely.
- segregated or delineated by traffic cones
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- King of Thebes, noted primarily in the stories of Antigone and Oedipus.
- The mother of Perseus by Zeus.
- a main belt asteroid.
- to recite the Jewish liturgy; to pray
- a variant of Dean.
- name transferred from the surname.
- To condescend; to do despite a perceived affront to one's dignity.
- To condescend to give; to do something.
- To esteem worthy; to consider worth notice.
- denial; refusal
- To deny, refuse.
- A blue giant star in the constellation Cygnus; Alpha (α) Cygni. It forms one corner of the Summer Triangle. Deneb is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, and one of the most luminous stars known.
- Having relatively high density.
- Compact; crowded together.
- Thick; difficult to penetrate.
- Opaque; allowing little light to pass through.
- Obscure, or difficult to understand.
- Being a subset of a topological space that approximates the space well. See Wikipedia article on for mathematical definition.
- (of a person) Slow to comprehend; of low intelligence.
- name, an alternative spelling of Denis
- To remove the tin from (metal scrap), usually for resale.
- A holder of any of various offices in various (usually Islamic) countries, usually some sort of councillor.
- To dress with flax for spinning.
- To dress with clothes; attire; deck; bedizen.
- To dress showily; adorn; dress out.
- Someone who receives a gift from a donor.
- A set of twelve.
- A large, unspecified number of, comfortably estimated in small multiples of twelve, thus generally implied to be significantly more than ten or twelve, but less than perhaps one or two hundred; many.
- An old English measure of ore containing 12 hundredweight.
- name transferred from the surname.
- To wither, decline, pine away.
Possible word length