Page 1 from 158
Total results: 164261
- To hasten; to go quickly, to hurry.
- To hurry (oneself).
- Haste; diligence.
- a city in Hawaii
- A variety of soft, mild French cheese made from cow's milk.
- To line or finish (a surface, such as a wall), with plaster, stucco, thin boards, or similar.
- To set a higher bound.
- a ceiling
- name, also used as a formal given name.
- An ethnic group of southeastern Nigeria.
- In some countries, the period from elementary school to high school.
- To draw out or extract.
- Of or pertaining to the analysis of a cultural system or its features from the perspective of a participant in that culture.
- Epsilon Pegasi, an orange supergiant star in the constellation of Pegasus.
- A god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.
- A diminutive of the female given names Eva, Eve, Evelyn and Evangeline, also used as a formal given name.
- Intending to harm; malevolent.
- Morally corrupt.
- Unpleasant, as in 'an evil smell'.
- Producing or threatening sorrow, distress, injury, or calamity; unpropitious; calamitous.
- Having harmful qualities; not good; worthless or deleterious.
- undesirable; harmful; bad practice
- Moral badness; wickedness; malevolence; the forces or behaviors that are the opposite or enemy of good.
- Anything which impairs the happiness of a being or deprives a being of any good; anything which causes suffering of any kind to sentient beings; injury; mischief; harm.
- A malady or disease; especially in the phrase king's evil (scrofula).
- An estate held by a person on condition of providing military service to a superior.
- Something over which one has rights or exercises control.
- An area of dominion, especially in a corporate or governmental bureaucracy.
- To feign; dissemble; flatter.
- To move about in a quick, uneasy way; be constantly in motion.
- To give trouble to; vex; perplex.
- Restlessness or agitation caused by trifling annoyance.
- Any trifling peculiarity in regard to work which causes unnecessary trouble; teasing exactness of operation.
- A fig.
- A sore place on the foot.
- To move, shift, provide something abstract or concrete to someone or something or somewhere.
- To transfer one's possession or holding of (something) to (someone).
- To make a present or gift of.
- To pledge.
- To provide (something) to (someone), to allow or afford.
- To cause (a sensation or feeling) to exist in.
- To carry out (a physical interaction) with (something).
- To pass (something) into (someone's) hand or the like.
- To cause (a disease or condition) in, or to transmit (a disease or condition) to.
- To estimate or predict (a duration or probability) for (something).
- To yield slightly when a force is applied.
- To collapse under pressure or force.
- To provide, as, a service or a broadcast.
- To lead (onto or into).
- To provide a view of.
- To exhibit as a product or result; to produce; to yield.
- To cause; to make; used with the infinitive.
- To allow or admit by way of supposition.
- To attribute; to assign; to adjudge.
- To communicate or announce (advice, tidings, etc.); to pronounce or utter (an opinion, a judgment, a shout, etc.).
- To grant power or permission to; to allow.
- To devote or apply (oneself).
- To become soft or moist.
- To shed tears; to weep.
- To have a misgiving.
- To be going on, to be occurring
- The amount of bending that something undergoes when a force is applied to it.
- Someone who inherits, or is designated to inherit, the property of another.
- One who inherits, or has been designated to inherit, a hereditary title or office.
- A successor in a role, representing continuity with the predecessor.
- A long walk.
- An abrupt increase.
- The snap of the ball to start a play.
- A command to a dog sled team, given by a musher
- To take a long walk for pleasure or exercise.
- To unfairly or suddenly raise a price.
- To snap the ball to start a play.
- To lean out to the windward side of a sailboat in order to counterbalance the effects of the wind on the sails.
- To pull up or tug upwards sharply.
- A type of wild mountain goat of the genus Capra, such as the species
- With ice added.
- Very cold, but not necessarily containing ice.
- Covered with icing.
- A Jew.
- ‘Jewish’, seen in a derogatory sense; cunning, supercilious.
- Someone who uses instant messaging.
- a small city in Kentucky, USA
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska, USA.
- a CDP in Texas, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- A maneuver in which the stern of a sailing boat or ship crosses the wind, typically resulting in the sudden sweep of the boom from one side of the sailboat to the other.
- To perform a jibe.
- To cause to execute a jibe.
- To agree.
- A facetious or insulting remark, a jeer or taunt.
- To make a mocking remark or remarks, jeer.
- To mock, taunt.
- To say in a mocking or taunting manner.
- To deceive; to be deceptive.
- To dance.
- A dance style popular in the 1940–50s.
- Swing, a style of jazz music.
- A slang associated with jazz musicians; hepcat patois or hipster jargon.
- Nonsense; transparently deceptive talk.
- African American Vernacular English.
- A chilblain or ulcer, especially on the heel of the foot.
- An osier basket used for catching fish.
- Upturned lower jaw of a male salmon at the end of its life as it returns to fresh water to spawn.
- to steal
- To lie; to tell lies.
- a monetary unit of Angola used from 1975-1990, one hundredth of a kwanza.
- Nasal irrigation performed using a neti pot as part of Hatha yoga.
- town on the river Rupel in the southwest of the Belgian province of Antwerp.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- A person from Oklahoma.
- Decorated or colored in blotches.
- Pox; pest; used as an imprecation.
- To strike or hit (a person).
- to make angry
- to stir or move from a state of calm or order
- The number six in a game of dice.
- spelling of (mongrel dog)
- A boorish person.
- form of (a kind of arthropod)
- A regularly-shaped slab of clay or other material, affixed to cover or decorate a surface, as in a roof-tile, glazed tile, stove tile, carpet tile etc.
- A rectangular graphic.
- Any of various types of cuboid playing piece used in certain games, such as in dominoes, Scrabble, or mahjong.
- A stiff hat.
- To cover with tiles.
- To arrange in a regular pattern, with adjoining edges (applied to tile-like objects, graphics, windows in a computer interface).
- To optimize (a loop in program code) by means of the tiling technique.
- To protect from the intrusion of the uninitiated.
- In ancient times, an important Etruscan city 16 km (9.9 mi) NNW of Rome, Italy.
- Something hung up or spread out to hide or protect the face, or hide an object from view; usually of gauze, crape, or similar diaphanous material.
- A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
- The calyptra of mosses.
- A membrane connecting the margin of the pileus of a mushroom with the stalk; a velum.
- A covering for a person or thing; as, a caul (especially over the head)
- A thin layer of tissue which is attached to or covers a mushroom.
- To put on, or decorate with, a veil.
- To conceal as with a veil.
- A vibraphone.
- An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing.
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- To agree.
- To get along; to hit it off.
- Visual perception.
- The act of seeing or looking at something.
- The range of vision.
- Something to look at, such as scenery.
- Appearance; show; aspect.
- A picture, drawn or painted; a sketch.
- Opinion, judgement, imagination.
- A mental image.
- A way of understanding something, an opinion, a theory.
- A point of view.
- An intention or prospect.
- A virtual or logical table composed of the result set of a query in relational databases.
- The part of a computer program which is visible to the user and can be interacted with;
- A wake.
- To look at.
- To regard in a stated way.
- A shallow wetlands or minor lake, generally a seasonal one, or the lowland where such a wetlands appears seasonally.
- A wetland or marsh.
- A married woman, especially in relation to her spouse.
- The female of a pair of mated animals.
- of. 1911
- To move an object over, maintaining contact, with the intention of removing some substance from the surface.
- To remove by rubbing; to rub off; to obliterate; usually followed by away, off, or out.
- To cheat; to defraud; to trick; usually followed by out.
- To erase.
- To make (a joint, as between pieces of lead pipe), by surrounding the junction with a mass of solder, applied in a plastic condition by means of a rag with which the solder is shaped by rubbing.
- To change one's demeanour or facial expression.
- The act of wiping something.
- A soft piece of cloth or cloth-like material used for wiping.
- A kind of film transition where one shot replaces another by travelling from one side of the frame to another or with a special shape.
- The lapwing.
- To blame; regard as guilty, fault, accuse
- To reproach, censure, mulct
- To observe, keep, guard, preserve, protect
- Blame, responsibility, guilt.
- Punishment, penalty, fine, bote, mulct.
- To go, go away, depart, perish, vanish
- To marry (a woman).
- To provide (someone) with a wife.
- A diminutive of the female given name Abigail.
- Accept, comply or act in accordance.
- To wait in expectation.
- To pause; to delay.
- To stay; to continue in a place; to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to be left.
- To have one's abode; to dwell; to reside; to sojourn.
- To endure; to remain; to last.
- To stand ready for; to await for someone; watch for.
- To endure without yielding; to withstand; await defiantly; to encounter; to persevere.
- To endure or undergo a hard trial or a task; to stand up under.
- To await submissively; accept without question; submit to.
- To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with; stand.
- To pay for; to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for; to atone for.
- The full attention of one's sight, hearing or other senses, as directed towards a particular object.
- A diminutive of the female given names Adele, Adeline, Adelaide and Addison.
- A farewell, a goodbye; especially a fond farewell, or a lasting or permanent farewell.
- A local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Eagles.
- On fire (often metaphorically).
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move; nimble;
- Characterised by quick motion
- Of or relating to a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- form; a tidal bore.
- Having been directed towards a target.
- One who aims; one who is responsible for aiming.
- Having been uttered or spoken of, such that certain persons are aware.
- Having been broadcast, such as on television or radio.
- A framework upon which laundry is aired; a clotheshorse.
- name or Alfonso, also used as a formal given name.
- A primitive, subconscious belieflike attitude which may contradict one's conscious beliefs.
- Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- name. Also, a popular given name in the 19th century.
- Relating to division by area; relating to an attribute obtained by division by area.
- A native or resident of the state of Arkansas in the United States of America.
- To survey, observe; to view.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- Situated in the axis of anything; as an embryo which lies in the axis of a seed.
- A type of smokeless gunpowder
- Terminal branch of an axon
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- To make dim; to obscure or darken.
- A thin, often flavored, Indian cigarette made of tobacco wrapped in a tendu leaf.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- Upper arm muscle which bends the elbow. Usage note: Certain authors spell the singular of this word biceps.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- A motorcyclist who is a member of a club; a biker.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- An animal, being or construction that goes about on two feet (or two legs).
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- A railway carriage.
- A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- various hostile supernatural creatures, especially a ghost.
- of: the wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- an unknown or hostile aircraft.
- a booger.
- a score of one over par on a hole.
- a cigarette.
- Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To give a bribe to; specifically, to ask a person to do something, usually against his/her will, in exchange for some type of reward or relief from potential trouble.
- To gain by a bribe; to induce as by a bribe.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- A Scottish errand boy, porter, or messenger.
- A diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- A diminutive of the female given name Caitlin.
- Any member of the Cebidae.
- Containing cerium with valence four.
- Relating to wax.
- A triterpene found in cork.
- A unit of weight equal to 200 kg (441 lbs.).
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 180 okas.
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 100 dirhems (variously .15–.35 kg).
- To admonish in blame; to reproach angrily.
- To utter words of disapprobation and displeasure; to find fault; to contend angrily.
- To make a clamorous noise; to chafe.
- A leader or head of a group of people, organisation, etc.
- The top part of a shield or escutcheon.
- Primary; principal.
- To smoke cannabis.
- A musical instrument producing a sound when struck, similar to a bell (e.g. a tubular metal bar) or actually a bell. Often used in the plural to refer to the set: the chimes.
- An individual ringing component of such a set.
- A small bell or other ringing or tone-making device as a component of some other device.
- The sound of such an instrument or device.
- A small hammer or other device used to strike a bell.
- To make the sound of a chime.
- To cause to sound in harmony; to play a tune, as upon a set of bells; to move or strike in harmony.
- To utter harmoniously; to recite rhythmically.
- To agree; to correspond.
- To make a rude correspondence of sounds; to jingle, as in rhyming.
- A chine; the edge of a cask.
- An alcoholic, often sparkling (carbonated) beverage made from fermented apples; hard cider; apple cider
- A non-alcoholic still beverage consisting of the (usually unfiltered and still containing pulp) juice of early-harvest apples; apple cider; sweet cider;
- A non-alcoholic carbonated beverage made from apples.
- A non-alcoholic drink, normally carbonated; equivalent to soft drink.
- A cup, glass or serving of any of these beverages.
- A particular region as defined by its weather or climate.
- A specific act committed in violation of the law.
- The practice or habit of committing crimes.
- criminal acts collectively.
- Any great wickedness or sin; iniquity.
- That which occasions crime.
- To commit crime(s).
- A cute person or animal.
- A clementine: a small, waxy-peeled orange hybrid cultivar that is easy to peel by hand.
- Any small mandarin orange variety such as a tangerine or a satsuma.
- To remove the air from.
- To fix or fasten; to establish.
- To make a god of (something or someone).
- To treat as worthy of worship; to regard as a deity.
- To condescend; to do despite a perceived affront to one's dignity.
- To condescend to give; to do something.
- To esteem worthy; to consider worth notice.
- National capital territory and old city in northern India in which the country’s capital New Delhi is located.
- A village in New York, USA
- name, a less common spelling of Derek.
- To remove the tin from (metal scrap), usually for resale.
- A gambler who plays dice.
- One who, or that which, dices (cuts into cubes); a tool for this purpose.
- Fraught with danger.
- Of uncertain, risky outcome.
- Of doubtful or uncertain efficacy, provenance, etc.; dodgy.
- Nauseating, rank.
- name borrowed from Spanish.
- An indigenous people of the South Australian desert.
- The language of the Dieri people.
- A ditcher.
- One who builds stone walls, usually without lime.
- A monosaccharide containing two carbon atoms.
- A mark once used in margins to draw attention to something in text.
- A traditional woodwind instrument used in Serbian, Croatian and Montenegrin music.
- A mournful poem or piece of music composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person.
- A dime minted in 1792.
- A tenth; a tenth part; a tithe.
- someone who dives, especially as a sport
- someone who works underwater; a frogman
- the loon (bird)
- The New Zealand sand diver
- The long-finned sand diver
- To dress with flax for spinning.
- To dress with clothes; attire; deck; bedizen.
- To dress showily; adorn; dress out.
- A diminutive of the female given name Dorothy.
- A motherless calf in a range herd of cattle; a calf separated from its cow.
- Without water or moisture, said of something that has previously been wet or moist; resulting from the process of drying.
- Usually of foods: cured, preserved by drying.
- One who, or that which, dries; a desiccative.
- Any substance that accelerates drying.
- Catalyst used to promote the drying of paints and varnishes by oxidative crosslinking.
- To wither, decline, pine away.
- A diminutive of the male given names Ebenezer and Eben.
Possible word length