Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3914
- A cosy, friendly talk
- Affording comfort and warmth; snug; social
- A padded or knit covering to keep an item warm, especially a teapot or egg.
- A padded or knit covering for any item (often an electronic device such as a laptop computer).
- A work of crime fiction in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community.
- To become snug and comfortable.
- To become friendly with.
- chemical element (symbol Zn) with an atomic number of 30.
- To electroplate with zinc.
- To coat with sunblock incorporating zinc oxide.
- A Mexica.
- A Nahua.
- The Nahuatl language.
- A city in New Mexico, USA
- Of or pertaining to the Mexica people.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuas.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuatl language.
- An old Tunisian dry measure, equal to 496 litres.
- A form of written examination in which candidates are required to provide words that have been omitted from sentences, thereby demonstrating their knowledge and comprehension of the text.
- oilseed rape (Brassica napus), cultivated for its seeds, which yield an oil, valued for illuminating and lubricating purposes.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- craziness; insanity.
- A strong habitual desire or fancy.
- A temporary passion or infatuation, as for some new amusement, pursuit, or fashion; a fad
- A crack in the glaze or enamel caused by exposure of the pottery to great or irregular heat.
- To weaken; to impair; to render decrepit.
- To derange the intellect of; to render insane.
- To be crazed, or to act or appear as one that is crazed; to rave; to become insane.
- To break into pieces; to crush; to grind to powder. See crase.
- To crack, as the glazing of porcelain or pottery.
- Insane; lunatic; demented.
- Out of control.
- Overly excited or enthusiastic.
- In love; experiencing romantic feelings.
- Unexpected; surprising.
- Characterized by weakness or feebleness; decrepit; broken; falling to decay; shaky; unsafe.
- Very, extremely.
- An insane or eccentric person; a crackpot.
- Eccentric behaviour; lunacy.
- A groove at the ends of the staves of a barrel into which the edge of the head is fitted
- A cooper's tool for making these grooves.
- A city in Peru, the former capital of the
- Of, from, or pertaining to Czechia or the Czech people, culture, or language.
- A person from the Czech Republic (Czechia) or of Czech descent.
- A Slavic language primarily spoken in the Czech Republic.
- Containing zinc.
- Pertaining to, or produced by, fermentation
- To weaken, impair, or enfeeble in mind, body, or estate; craze.
- Confined to no zone or region; not local.
- of, related to, or derived from an azonic acid
- Pertaining to azote, or nitrogen; formed or consisting of azote
- Fatal to animal life.
- The position of the center of the sun in the sky.
- A painted or stained calico fabric, originally produced in India, and known for its brightly colored designs.
- Any of several Central American palms.
- The nut produced by these trees.
- a city in Colorado, USA
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes lining the nasal cavity, usually causing a running nose, nasal congestion and loss of smell.
- Maddened; driven insane.
- Covered with cracks (generally applied to porcelain).
- The tin ore that collects in the central part of the washing pit or buddle.
- of, relating to, or being a czar; tsaric
- Of or pertaining to ozone.
- A limping satiric meter in classical verse.
- A iambic trimeter ending with a trochee or spondee.
- schizoid, schizophrenic
- A town in Switzerland, the capital of the canton of Schwyz.
- A canton of Switzerland.
- Dirty or grimy.
- Disreputable; sleazy.
- An oil pressed by the Arabs from the fruit of a small thorny tree ( and sold to pilgrims for a healing ointment.
- A native sulfide of arsenic, including sandarac and orpiment.
- Containing, resembling or pertaining to zinc.
- Of or pertaining to life
- Of or pertaining to animals; obtained from animal substances.
- A form of Louisiana Creole music, characteristically performed by accordion and washboard bands, that combines Cajun and Creole roots music with elements of African American music.
- To impregnate with acid; acidify.
- To treat (a limestone or sandstone formation) with HCl or HF to enlarge void spaces in it.
- Of or pertaining to azelaic acid or its derivatives
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the Aztecs or their culture.
- An Aztec.
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, benzoin.
- Derived from benzoic acid or its derivatives.
- A part of a piece of music, such as a concerto, that is very decorative and is played by a single musician.
- A baked Italian turnover made of pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and other toppings.
- A type of instrumental composition based on multipart vocal settings of canzoni, produced chiefly in the 16th and 17th centuries
- An Italian or Provençal song or ballad.
- A canzona (mediaeval Italian instrumental composition).
- To overturn.
- To cause (a ship) to overturn.
- One of the two spiral bands which attach the yolk of an egg to the eggshell, suspending it in the white.
- The location where the nucellus attaches to the integuments, opposite the micropyle.
- A member of a group of Jewish immigrants to Palestine after 1917 who worked in agriculture or forestry.
- Of or decorated with chintz.
- Tastelessly showy; cheap, gaudy, or tacky.
- Excessively reluctant to spend; miserly, stingy.
- A spicy Spanish sausage flavoured with paprika.
- of, or derived from chyazic acid
- a brand of Italian vermouth available in several versions
- To form into a coalition; to coalesce.
- To know or be aware of.
- To select a pattern of information and assign it as an entity.
- Pertaining to coryza.
- Province of Calabria, Italy.
- Town and capital of Cosenza.
- An imposter, a swindler.
- A resort island in the Caribbean Sea, off of the northeastern coast of Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula.
- In a crazy manner.
- Very, extremely.
- A covering of fine cracks on a hard smooth surface such as a glazed object or car exterior.
- To roughen on the surface.
- A roughened surface, especially one on glass that clouds its transparency.
- A form of non-carbonaceous shale found between coal deposits.
- To convert into cyanide.
- To undergo, or cause to undergo, a reaction resulting in the formation of an aromatic or ring structure.
- An ancient city in Anatolia.
- of, or resembling a czar; tsarish
- To convert (an area of water) into a dock, by excluding the tide with a dam.
- Of, pertaining to, or using enzymes; enzymatic
- living or growing on the external surface of an animal (not always as a parasite)
- To form an image or likeness of someone
- To minimize a window on a personal computer screen
- To convert from church controlled to independent of the church; to secularize.
- To reduce from clergy to layman.
- To convert to lay status.
- A prayerbook for the holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- A member of an indigenous people who inhabit an area of the state of Oaxaca in southern Mexico.
- A Native American of a particular tribe of Mississippi.
- The language isolate spoken by the Natchez.
- A city in Mississippi, USA
- More recent than the Paleozoic era, i.e. including the Mesozoic and Cenozoic.
- To congeal; to change into a gelatinous mass.
- schizophrenic; crazy
- A town and associated province in Veneto, Italy.
- name, English vernacular form of Zacharias, Zachariah and Zechariah.
- name, an occasional spelling variant of Zachary.
- A member of an indigenous people of Mexico, concentrated in the state of Oaxaca and spread into some neighbouring states.
- Any of a group of Oto-Manguean languages spoken by the Zapotec people.
- Of or relating to the Zapotec people.
- Of or relating to their language.
- Having a pattern of broken stripes.
- Any of various gold coins produced in Italy or Turkey; a sequin.
- Pertaining to any of various people named Zeno, or to their philosophies.
- Seeking; proceeding by inquiry.
- A skeptic.
- any salt formally derived from zinc oxide or hydroxide by combination with a more electropositive element
- Any binary compound of zinc.
- To coat or impregnate with zinc.
- A yellow, orange or dark-red mineral form of zinc oxide, often also containing small amounts of manganese, with a chemical formula (Zn,Mn2+)O, an important ore of zinc.
- The positive electrode of an electrolytic cell; the anode.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling zinc.
- Of or pertaining to the zinc electrode that connects to a copper one in a voltaic cell.
- Of, pertaining to, or containing, zinc.
- Of or relating to zoism.
- An independent city in Saxony, Germany.
- Of or pertaining to a zygote.
- Infectious, contagious, of diseases originally regarded as being caused by a process similar to fermentation.
- Of or causing fermentation.
- To convert to activism.
- To give an archaic quality or character to; make archaic, to suggest the past.
- To speak, write, etc. in an archaic manner.
- To side with the Athenians.
- To use the Attic idiom or style; to conform to the customs or modes of thought of the Athenians.
- Of or pertaining to azotemia.
- containing the benzyl (C6H5-CH2-) radical or any of its derivatives
- To form a protective surface on (a ferrous metal) by coating with aluminum powder and then heating.
- To follow a diet that focuses on the number of calories in food.
- To provide information about the number of calories in food items.
- To make food with high-calorie ingredients.
- To establish as a formal, standard rule.
- To declare (a person) as a saint.
- To glorify; to exalt to the highest honour.
- A short song, now especially one which is light and breezy.
- To castrate (a cockerel) in order to fatten it for table use.
- A capsizing or overturning.
- To bring about the catalysis of a chemical reaction.
- To accelerate a process.
- To inspire significantly by catalysis.
- Of or pertaining to the Cenozoic
- A geologic era within the Phanerozoic eon comprising the Paleogene and Neogene from about 65 million years ago to the present, when the continents moved to their current position and modern plants and animals evolved.
- Of or pertaining to the chalaza.
- To chrome; to treat with chromium.
- Nearly arrogant courage; utter audacity, effrontery or impudence; supreme self-confidence; exaggerated self-opinion;
- One to whom a fine of land was acknowledged.
- One who, or that which, cognizes.
- One who acknowledged the right of the plaintiff or cognizee in a fine; the defendant.
- To add color to.
- To convert black and white media to color by digital post production
- The fact or practice of cozening; cheating, deception.
- An instance of cozening; a scam.
- fraud; deception; the acts of one who cozens
- The state or quality of being cozy.
- In a crazed manner.
- A sideboard or buffet.
- A horizontal filing cabinet, typically placed behind a desk.
- To cause a pidgin language rapidly expanding in vocabulary and grammatical rules to become ultimately a creole.
- To render an imported object 'localised'; to produce variations which give an object a regional flavour.
- Having a roughened surface
- Any member of the Ctenizidae.
- To poison with curare.
- A parasite, especially a protozoon, living within a cell.
- Of or pertaining to, or being, a large north-facing hall with a prospect towards the gardens; the windows of this hall opened down to the ground, so that the green verdure could be seen by those lying on the couches.
- Of or pertaining to the people and place of Cyzicus (an ancient classical city).
- The rank of a czar; tsarship.
- To drive out supposed evil spirits from a person, place or thing, especially by an incantation or prayer
- To rid a person, place or thing of an evil spirit
- To focus, or to adjust a focus
- To sharpen an image by focusing
- To concentrate on a particular location; to localize
- A cold soup of Spanish origin, made with olive oil, vinegar and raw vegetables such as tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumber and sweet peppers.
- Obtaining nutrition, as most animals, by the ingestion of organic matter.
- Of or pertaining to hylozoism.
- older than the lowest rocks which contain organic remains
- Pertaining to an isozyme
- To imitate the manner of the Laconians, especially in brief, pithy speech, or in frugality and austerity.
- freed from ecclesiastical control
- A support for the back, attached to the seat of a carriage.
- To make local; to fix in, or assign to, a definite place.
- To adapt a product for use in a particular country or region, typically by translating text into the language of that country and modifying currencies, date formats, etc.
- To determine where something takes place or is to be found.
- To make logical; to bring into the domain of logic.
- To make lyrical; to treat in a poetically sentimental or emotional manner.
- To provide lyrics for (an existing melody).
- To congratulate or laud; to pronounce blessed or ridibund.
- Of a geologic era within the Phanerozoic eon that comprises the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods from about 230 to 65 million years ago, when life on earth was dominated by reptiles.
- The Mesozoic era.
- of, or relating to the metazoa
- A coastal town and port in Cornwall, England
- Province of Emilia-Romagna, Italy.
- Capital of the province of Piacenza.
- Resembling or relating to podzol.
- Pertaining to polyzoa.
- Consisting of a colony of zooids or similar organisms
- A spore that produces lots of sporozoites.
- To convert (an enantiomer) into a racemic mixture.
- Relating to a rhizome.
- characterized by social withdrawal and flat affect
- Behaving as if one has more than one personality; wildly changeable.
- someone with schizoid personality disorder
- someone with schizophrenia
- A cell that divides by schizogony.
- To talk casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection
- A casual conversation, especially one held in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.
- to make something Chinese in form or character, or to increase the Chinese influence on something.
- to convert to Chinese characters or to enable to work with the Chinese script.
- To commit a solecism.
- Of or pertaining to stanzas.
- A city in what is now Poland; the capital of West Pomeranian Voivodeship; Stettin.
- To make (a tone) temporarily become tonic.
- To produce tone or tension in (e.g. a muscle).
- A cowl worn over the head and shoulders.
- To express with the voice, to utter.
- To produce noises or calls from the throat.
- To sing without using words.
- To turn a consonant into a vowel.
- To make a sound voiced rather than voiceless.
- To add vowel points to a consonantal script (e.g. niqqud in Hebrew)
- In the manner of a zealot; zealous; fanatic.
- An old gold coin of Italy; a sequin.
- Of, pertaining to, containing, or produced using a zeolite.
- The oxide of zirconium, obtained as a white powder, and possessing both acid and basic properties. On account of its infusibility, and brilliant luminosity when incandescent, it is used as an ingredient of sticks for the Drummond light.
- Pertaining to, or composed of zirconium or zircons
- The oxygenated cation of zirconium ZrO2+
- Of or pertaining to the zodiac.
- A plant whose seeds, spores, or fruit are dispersed by animals.
- originating, or produced by animals rather then plants
- Relating to zoolites.
- divination by means of animals
- Relating to a zoonite.
- Of or pertaining to zoonomy.
- Of or relating to zoonosis.
- The scientific observation of living animals.
- A form of hallucination in which the sufferer believes he/she sees animals.
- Relating to zootomy.
- Relating to zootype.
- To convert (an aldehyde) into an acetal.
- To bring a legal action against; to sue.
- To make real; to realize.
- To become actual or real.
- To realize one's full potential.
- a jug, pitcher, etc. made of porous earthenware
- To reduce to a state of anarchy.
- Of or pertaining to the Anthozoa.
- Preventing fermentation.
- One who uses an archaic style.
- To prepare for arctic weather; to winterize.
- A city in Poland, also called Oświęcim.
- A former concentration camp in what is now Poland; definition Nazi evil, the Holocaust.
- Any of a class of organic compounds formed by the cyclization of N-acyl-α-amino acids; they are five-membered heterocycles containing both a nitrogen and oxygen atom in the ring, with the oxygen adjacent to a carbonyl.
- To treat with bacteria.
- Of or pertaining to the French novelist (1799–1850) or his writings.
- A follower of Balzac, or an author who writes in his style.
- Pertaining to, or compounded with, bezoar.
- A medicine containing bezoar.
- A city in Poland.
- To convert to Calvinism.
- Made part of the canon, made official.
- In the Roman Catholic Church, officially declared a saint.
- To divide into cantons or small districts.
- An overturning of a boat etc.
- To enclose (a medication etc) in a capsule.
- To make into a concise form; to encapsulate.
- A derivative of urea in which each amine group is replaced by a hydrazine moiety
- A tricyclic aromatic organic compound containing two benzene rings fused to a pyrrole ring.
- Any of its derivatives.
- To wash or treat with carbolic acid.
- To turn something to carbon, especially by heating it; to scorch or blacken.
- To react something with carbon.
- To treat or react with carbon
- To carbonize
- To make physical or materialistic, as opposed to spiritual
- a town in New Mexico, USA, which is the county seat of
- To have an industry become controlled by a cartel.
- That which catalyzes.
- Province of Calabria, Italy.
- Town and capital of Catanzaro and also the capital of Calabria.
- To give oral instruction, especially of religion; now specifically by the formal question-and-answer method; in the Church of England, to teach the catechism as preparation for confirmation.
- To question at length.
- To clean or purify thoroughly.
- To sell wine or victuals.
- To burn, sear, or freeze tissue using a hot iron, electric current or a caustic agent.
- To render Celtic; to assimilate into the Celts.
- Any of several zeolite minerals that occur in basaltic rocks.
- A cyst in the eyelid, caused by inflammation of a blocked meibomian gland.
- A fertile black soil containing a very high percentage of humus (3% to 15%) and high percentages of phosphoric acids, phosphorus and ammonia.
- 1,8-dihydroxyanthraquinone, a stimulant laxative formally derived from anthraquinone.
- To form a scar.
- To treat or heal a wound by causing a scar or cicatrix to form.
- Pertaining to citizens.
- The group of all citizens.
- Having a highly developed society or culture.
- Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, reasonable, ethical.
- Marked by refinement in taste and manners.
- One who, or that which, civilizes.
- To acclimate or become acclimated.
- To adapt for comfort in extreme climates, especially as regards to temperature.
- To treat or anesthetize with cocaine.
- A variety of squash with dark green skin mottled by lighter green or yellow.
- Aware; fully informed; having understanding of a fact
- One who establishes or joins a colony; a colonist
- To format (writing or data) as a series of columns.
- To make similar or common.
- To deprecate the importance of, or make ordinary.
- To make something the property of a community.
- To impose Communist ideals on people.
- To become or be made communistic.
- To come under public ownership or control.
- To cover with copper.
- Capable of living in deposits of feces.
- Relating to cosmozoa.
- The state of being crazy; madness; derangement
- The state of being broken down or weakened
- The result or product of being crazy.
- To cause to be or act like a cretin.
- To find fault (with something).
- To evaluate (something), assessing its merits and faults.
- To adapt to the rules or norms of a culture; to make cultural.
- To build or alter according to personal preferences or specifications
- Of or pertaining to the czar or the czarina.
- Derived from two eggs that have been separately fertilized; dizygous.
- To practice being economical (by using things sparingly or in moderation, and by avoiding waste or extravagance).
- To be frugal.
- To go into a state of ecstasy or rapture.
- To dispute.
- To argue by elenchus, leading one's opponent to the desired conclusion by agreement with a series of logical steps.
- Of, relating to, or caused by enzymes.
- To profess or tend towards the doctrines of Epicurus.
- To feed or indulge like an epicure.
- To make into a eunuch; to castrate.
- To create a list of factors.
- To divide an expression into a listing items that, when multiplied together, will produce the original quantity.
- A bird, the whinchat.
- To make French as the culture, customs, pronunciation, or style.
- To translate into French.
- Of or pertaining to hydrazoic acid
- To put into italics.
- To emphasize.
- To convert (a hydroxy acid) into a lactone
- To cover with lichens.
- (Of a real-valued real function <math>f</math>) Such that there exists a constant <math>K</math> such that whenever <math>x_1</math> and <math>x_2</math> are in the domain of <math>f</math>, <math>|f(x_1)-f(x_2)|\leq K|x_1-x_2|</math>.
- Limited to a particular area, in a local vicinity only.
- A person who localizes
- The component of an instrument landing system that provides runway centerline guidance to aircraft, but not the glideslope information.
- To corrupt a peace agreement or treaty to favor one side.
- of Scottish origin.
- name, transferred use of the surname since the 1970s, also in the form Makenzie.
- A river in the Northwest Territories, the longest in Canada, running from Great Slave Lake to the Beaufort Sea.
- To equip something with machinery.
- To equip a military unity with tanks and other armed vehicles.
- To make something routine, automatic or monotonous.
- A piperazine antihistamine considered to be an antiemetic.
- To treat cotton fabric with sodium hydroxide to make it more lustrous and accepting of dyes.
- To make metric
- To introduce metrics into (a process)
- To use poetic meter
- An extremely small area.
- Any pleomorphic organism inside any given body.
- A microorganism supposed to act like an enzyme in causing or propagating certain infectious or contagious diseases; a pathogenic bacterial organism.
- Aztec emperor from 1440 to 1469.
- Aztec emperor from 1502 to 1520, during which time the Spanish conquest of Mexico began.
- a continuum of closely related Romance dialects spoken in Muslim-dominated areas of the Iberian Peninsula during the early stages of Romance language development in Iberia.
- To make into a myth.
- To interpret in terms of mythology.
- To use a narcotic in order to make (someone) drowsy or insensible; to anesthetize, to drug.
- To dull the senses of (a person, place etc.).
- To make into a narcotic.
- Of or pertaining to a Nazarite or Nazarites.
- To undergo, or to cause necrosis; to become or to make necrotic
- To mingle or infuse with nectar; to sweeten.
- To cover with nickel.
- most famously borne by (1844–1900), German philosopher.
- To turn into, or treat as, an object; to objectify.
- To exclude (a person) from society or from a community, by not communicating with (them) or by refusing to acknowledge (their) presence; to refuse to talk to or associate with; to shun.
- To ban a person from the city of for ten years.
- A dark waxy mineral, found associated with petroleum in some sandstones, used to make polishes.
- Of a geologic era within the Phanerozoic eon that comprises the Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous and Permian periods from about 542 to 250 million years ago, from the age of trilobites to that of reptiles.
- The Paleozoic era.
- affecting animals of many species
- Loving one's fellow man; philanthropic.
- To represent in a picture or a motion picture; to depict.
- To adorn with pictures; to illustrate.
- An instruction to players of stringed instruments to pluck the strings instead of using the bow. Usually abbreviated pizz. in scores.
- A note that is played pizzicato
- To make or express in
- To write or speak in the manner of a
- To proclaim in public; especially (of the Pope) to announce the appointment of a bishop
- of, or relating to the protozoa
- Questioning or suggesting puzzlement.
- Strange or eccentric.
- To categorize or treat in racial terms.
- A thin feral pig.
- A sleeveless shirt whose back consists of a narrow strip of fabric that fits between the wearer's shoulderblades.
- To pronounce with an exaggerated 'R' sound (a rhotacism).
- The change of a consonant to an 'R' in certain circumstances.
- to make a Sadducee; to conform to Sadduceeism.
- feeding on dead or decaying animal matter
- Any of the Schizopoda.
- Overly sentimental, emotional, maudlin or bathetic.
Possible word length