Page 1 from 11
Total results: 10507
- of, a Canadian national television network
- of, a Canterbury Region television station located in Christchurch, New Zealand
- of, a television network in Taiwan
- of, a part of human body with malignant tumour and some volume surrounding it
- Cerebrovascular accident.
- polyvinyl chloride
- premature ventricular contraction of the heart
- peripheral venous catheter
- permanent virtual circuit
- community antenna television, a precursor to cable television
- cable television
- A guinea pig (rodent).
- A Chevrolet automobile.
- To give birth to a calf.
- To assist the giving of birth of a calf.
- To break off or shed a large piece.
- To cut.
- To cut meat in order to serve it.
- To shape to sculptural effect; to produce (a work) by cutting, or to cut (a material) into a finished work.
- To perform a series of turns without pivoting, so that the tip and tail of the snowboard take the same path.
- To take or make, as by cutting; to provide.
- To lay out; to contrive; to design; to plan.
- A carucate.
- Relating to the vena cava
- To criticise for petty or frivolous reasons.
- A petty or trivial objection or criticism.
- To come to an issue; to turn out; to succeed.
- A hunt or chase.
- A hunting cry.
- To vex or harass with petty attacks.
- To maneuver or secure gradually.
- To scurry.
- A civilian; someone who is not in the military.
- A room; chamber.
- A cottage.
- A very pungent aromatic spice, the unexpanded flower bud of the clove tree.
- A of the species Syzygium aromaticum (syn. native to the Moluccas (Indonesian islands), which produces the spice.
- An old English measure of weight, containing 7 pounds (3.2 kg), i.e. half a stone.
- Any one of the separate bulbs that make up the larger bulb of garlic
- A narrow valley with steep sides, used in areas of North America first settled by the Dutch
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To wish for with eagerness; to desire possession of, often enviously.
- To long for inordinately or unlawfully; to hanker after (something forbidden).
- To yearn, have or indulge inordinate desire, notably for another's possession.
- A group of 8-12 (or more) quail. See gaggle, host, flock.
- A brood of partridges, grouse, etc.
- A party or group (of persons or things).
- To brood; to incubate.
- A man.
- To desire strongly, so as to satisfy an appetite; to long or yearn for.
- To ask for earnestly.
- Having curves.
- Buxom or curvaceous.
- To expel (one or more people) from their property; to force (one or more people) to move out.
- widespread devastation, destruction
- To pillage.
- To cause havoc.
- A kind of borscht made with sorrel (or occasionally lemongrass)
- name transferred from the surname; of mostly American usage.
- The calcined ash of coarse seaweed, used for the manufacture of soda and iodine.
- The seaweed itself; fucus; wrack.
- Pertaining to a prophet; prophetic, oracular.
- Of or pertaining to the Vedas
- Of or relating to the Sanskrit language of the Vedas
- Any of several leguminous plants, of the genus Vicia, often grown as green manure and for their edible seeds.
- Any of several similar plants within the subfamily Faboideae.
- In the Church of England, the priest of a parish, receiving a salary or stipend but not tithes.
- In the Roman Catholic and some other churches, a cleric acting as local representative of a higher ranking member of the clergy.
- A person acting on behalf of, or is representing another person.
- vicious; corrupt
- name, also used as a formal given name.
- A small civilian settlement outside a Roman fort.
- Of or pertaining to wine.
- A Wallachian.
- A Romanian.
- Any member of an Eastern Romance speaking group, including Romanians, Aromanians, Megleno-Romanians, and Istro-Romanians.
- Any member of a Polish ethnographic group (subgroup of Silesians) living around the towns of Cieszyn and Skoczów
- Vocabulary, especially that acquired while learning a language.
- Sound uttered by the mouth, especially by human beings in speech or song; sound thus uttered considered as possessing some special quality or character
- Sound made through vibration of the vocal cords; sonant, or intonated, utterance; tone; — distinguished from mere breath sound as heard in whispering and voiceless consonants.
- The tone or sound emitted by an object
- The faculty or power of utterance
- Language; words; speech; expression; signification of feeling or opinion
- Opinion or choice expressed; judgment
- Command; precept.
- One who speaks; a speaker.
- A particular way of inflecting or conjugating verbs, or a particular form of a verb, by means of which is indicated the relation of the subject of the verb to the action which the verb expresses.
- In harmony, an independent vocal or instrumental part in a piece of composition.
- A flag associated with a user on a channel, determining whether or not they can send messages to the channel.
- To give utterance or expression to; to utter; to publish; to announce
- To utter audibly.
- To fit for producing the proper sounds; to regulate the tone of
- To vote; to elect; to appoint
- To clamor; to cry out
- To assign the voice flag to a user on IRC, permitting them to send messages to the channel.
- To act as a voice actor to portray a character.
- To take responsibility for; to express confidence in; to witness; to obtest.
- To warrant; to maintain by affirmations; to attest; to affirm; to avouch.
- To back; to support; to confirm.
- To call into court to warrant and defend, or to make good a warranty of title.
- To call; to summon.
- To bear witness; to give testimony or full attestation.
- To call as a witness.
- To assert; to aver; to declare.
- Warrant; attestation.
- Seaweed gathered for use as a fertilizer or fuel.
- To transport something by advection
- An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel.
- Deliberate consideration; knowledge.
- Information or news given; intelligence;
- In commercial language, information communicated by letter; used chiefly in reference to drafts or bills of exchange
- Counseling to perform a specific illegal act.
- In aspect-oriented programming, the code whose execution is triggered when a join point is reached.
- ancestral, atavistic
- An advocate, a lawyer
- Any of four species of wading birds in the genus Recurvirostra, of the family Recurvirostridae, with long, slender recurved bills, long legs, and webbed feet.
- To declare freely and openly; to assert.
- To acknowledge deliberately; to admit; to confess; to sanction.
- To confirm or verify, to affirm the validity of.
- To appeal to; to cite or claim as authority.
- evidence; declaration
- A cow that produces young.
- To cut into slices and pickle.
- To crimp.
- To bear, or be susceptible of, being calvered.
- of French and Spanish origin, notably borne by John Calvin, French Protestant theologian
- name derived from the surname; used especially by nonconformist families
- A type of coarse cloth, woven from hemp, useful for making sails and tents or as a surface for paintings.
- A piece of canvas cloth stretched across a frame on which one may paint.
- A basis for creative work.
- A region on which graphics can be rendered.
- sails in general
- A tent.
- A painting, or a picture on canvas.
- A rough draft or model of a song, air, or other literary or musical composition; especially one to show a poet the measure of the verses he is to make.
- To cover an area or object with canvas.
- Of an object, made by carving.
- a small lateen-rigged Mediterranean vessel with two masts, used to carry cargo
- the sea blubber
- Made by carving, especially when intricately or artistically done.
- One of a species of aromatic oils resembling carvacrol.
- a warning
- a qualification or exemption
- a notice requesting a postponement of a court proceeding
- a formal notice of interest in land, under a Torrens land-title system
- To qualify a particular statement with a proviso or caveat
- To lodge a formal notice of interest in land, under a Torrens land-title system
- To issue a notice requesting that proceedings be suspended
- To warn or caution against some event
- A large cave.
- An underground chamber.
- Roe of the sturgeon or other large fish, considered a delicacy.
- The recreational sport of exploring caves.
- An act of collapsing or caving in.
- A hole or hollow depression.
- A hollow area within the body (such as the sinuses).
- A soft area in a decayed tooth.
- To prance, said of mounts
- To move about carelessly, playfully or boisterously.
- Any animal (such as the deer) of the family Cervidae.
- A friend or comrade; a member of a chevra.
- A horse; hence, a support or frame.
- A river fish, the chub.
- The extreme end of the chancel or choir; properly the round or polygonal part.
- To subject to harassment or verbal abuse.
- To coerce, as by persistent request.
- To sneak up on or rapidly approach.
- To pursue as in a hunt.
- A goad.
- frivolous or nonsensical talk; prattle; chatter
- to gossip or chit-chat
- A Roman key.
- A device for restraint of the hands.
- A glossary.
- A key; an identification guide; a series of logically organized groups of discriminating information which aims to allow the user to correctly identify a taxon.
- A callous growth, especially on the foot; a corn.
- To split or sever something with, or as if with, a sharp instrument.
- To break a single crystal (such as a gemstone or semiconductor wafer) along one of its more symmetrical crystallographic planes (often by impact), forming facets on the resulting pieces.
- To make or accomplish by or as if by cutting.
- To split (a complex molecule) into simpler molecules.
- To split.
- Of a crystal, to split along a natural plane of division.
- Flat, smooth surface produced by cleavage, or any similar surface produced by similar techniques, as in glass.
- To cling, adhere or stick fast to something; used with to or unto.
- A U-shaped coupling having holes at each end, through which a bolt is run; used especially to fit attachments to a tractor or other vehicle as it allows a degree of rotation about the bolt.
- Relating to the clivus.
- A neume representing two notes descending.
- Part of the cranium at the skull base, a shallow depression behind the dorsum sellae that slopes obliquely backward.
- A road ascending a slope in Ancient Rome.
- Split or divided.
- name borne by several prominent people in Frankish/French and Germanic history.
- A US city in central northeastern New Mexico
- A US city in California.
- A particular site that contains evidence of an early Native American culture.
- curved or bowed outward like the outside of a bowl or sphere or circle
- arranged such that for any two points in the set, a straight line between the two points is contained within the set.
- having no internal angles greater than 180 degrees.
- having an epigraph which is a convex set.
- Any convex body or surface.
- To move (something) from one place to another.
- To take or carry (someone) from one place to another.
- To communicate; to make known; to portray.
- To transfer legal rights (to).
- To manage with privacy; to carry out.
- To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
- A person who makes corves, or coal baskets.
- To vary together with another variable, particularly in a way that may be predictive
- The bedclothes; collectively, the sheets, blankets, etc.
- The area of the field near cover and extra cover.
- The tarpaulins or other devices used to cover the wicket during rain, in order to prevent it getting wet.
- Hidden, covered over; overgrown, sheltered.
- Secret, surreptitious, concealed.
- A covering.
- A disguise.
- A hiding place.
- Area of thick undergrowth where animals hide.
- A feather that covers the bases of flight feathers.
- A wide fabric band worn as a necktie by men having long ends hanging in front.
- A decorative fabric band or scarf worn around the neck by women.
- A bandage resembling a cravat, particularly a triangular bandage folded into a strip.
- To adorn with a cravat; to tie a cravat, or something resembling a cravat, around the neck.
- A crucible or melting pot; a cruset.
- A kind of weir or dam for trapping salmon.
- A hovel.
- Having a curve or curves.
- To leap about, frolic.
- To cause to leap about, dart or jump.
- To fly or swim with darting movements.
- (of a person) To prance; to caper, frolic.
- (of an object) To jump, skip, shake.
- A particular leap of a horse, when he raises both forelegs at once, equally advanced, and, as his forelegs are falling, raises his hind legs, so that all his legs are in the air at once.
- A prank; a frolic.
- Any piece of equipment made for a particular purpose, especially a mechanical or electrical one.
- A peripheral device; an item of hardware.
- A project or scheme, often designed to deceive; a stratagem; an artifice.
- An improvised explosive device, home-made bomb
- A technique that an author or speaker uses to evoke an emotional response in the audience; a rhetorical device.
- A motto, emblem, or other mark used to distinguish the bearer from others. A device differs from a badge or cognizance primarily because as it is a personal distinction, and not a badge borne by members of the same house successively.
- Power of devising; invention; contrivance.
- An image used in whole or in part as a trademark or service mark.
- An image or logo denoting official or proprietary authority or provenience.
- A spectacle or show.
- Opinion; decision.
- Pertaining to, or causing, gravitation.
- To whine or complain, often needlessly and incessantly.
- Person who endlessly whines or complains; a person who finds fault with anything.
- An instance of kvetching; a complaint or whine.
- Hurtful, injurious.
- A beginner; one who is not very familiar or experienced in a particular subject.
- A new member of a religious order accepted on a conditional basis, prior to confirmation.
- An interval of twelve semitones spanning eight degrees of the diatonic scale, representing a doubling or halving in pitch frequency.
- The pitch an octave higher than a given pitch.
- A coupler on an organ which allows the organist to sound the note an octave above the note of the key pressed (cf sub-octave)
- A poetic stanza consisting of eight lines; usually used as one part of a sonnet.
- The eighth defensive position, with the sword hand held at waist height, and the tip of the sword out straight at knee level.
- The day that is one week after a feast day in the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church.
- An eight day period beginning on a feast day in the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church.
- A small cask of wine, one eighth of a pipe.
- the subjectional vibration of a planet
- Consisting of eight; eight in number.
- A sheet of paper 7 to 10 inches high and 4.5 to 6 inches wide, the size varying with the large original sheet used to create it. Made by folding the original sheet three times to produce eight leaves.
- A book of octavo pages.
- A Graafian follicle; any sac containing an ovum or ova.
- The inner layer of the fibrous wall of a Graafian follicle.
- Of or relating to ovonics.
- Of, pertaining to, or in the region of, the pelvis
- A disease caused by insufficient intake of vitamin C leading to the formation of livid spots on the skin, spongy gums, loosening of the teeth and bleeding into the skin and from almost all mucous membranes.
- Covered or affected with scurf or scabs; scabby; scurfy; specifically, diseased with the scurvy.
- Contemptible, despicable, low, disgustingly mean.
- Of or relating to the Suevi or Suebi, an ancient group of Germanic peoples.
- Not occupied; empty.
- Showing no intelligence or interest.
- To move out of a dwelling, either by choice or by eviction.
- To leave an office or position.
- To have a court judgement set aside; to annul.
- To leave an area, usually as a result of orders from public authorities in the event of a riot or natural disaster.
- A type of variable autotransformer in which the output voltage is varied by twisting a dial.
- A directed quantity, one with both magnitude and direction; the signed difference between two points.
- An ordered tuple representing a directed quantity or the between two points.
- Any member of a (generalized) vector space.
- A chosen course or direction for motion, as of an aircraft.
- A carrier of a disease-causing agent.
- A person or entity that passes along an urban legend or other meme.
- A recurring psychosocial issue that stimulates growth and development in the personality.
- The way in which the eyes are drawn across the visual text. The trail that a book cover can encourage the eyes to follow from certain objects to others.
- A memory address containing the address of a code entry point, usually one which is part of a table and often one that is dereferenced and jumped to during the execution of an interrupt.
- A one-dimensional array.
- A DNA molecule used to carry genetic information from one organism into another.
- To set (particularly an aircraft) on a course toward a selected point.
- To redirect to a vector, or code entry point.
- Of or pertaining to the a Westphalian "proto-vigilante" tribunal system during the Middle Ages.
- A fastener consisting of two strips of fabric, one covered with minute fiber hooks and the other of tiny fiber loops, which when brought together stick strongly one to the other.
- To fasten with Velcro.
- A maritime city and associated province in the Veneto, Italy.
- The historical maritime empire of Venice.
- A neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- A bladder, especially the urinary bladder or the gall bladder.
- The vesica piscis or oval aureole in mediaeval painting.
- Consisting of vetches or pea straw.
- Abounding with vetches.
- Of or pertaining to traveling or a journey.
- fault; defect; coarseness
- An alkaloid extracted from the seeds of the vetch ( as a white crystalline substance.
- Nearby; neighbouring; vicinal.
- Anyone who is harmed by another.
- A living creature which is slain and offered as human or animal sacrifice, usually in a religious rite; by extension, the transfigurated body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist.
- An aggrieved or disadvantaged party in a crime (e.g. swindle.)
- A person who suffers any other injury, loss, or damage as a result of a voluntary undertaking.
- An unfortunate person who suffers from a disaster or other adverse circumstance.
- A character who is conquered or manipulated by a villain.
- Viscous; having a high viscosity.
- Sticky, slimy, or glutinous.
- Covered with a viscid layer.
- A material extracted from the mucilaginous sap of the mistletoe and used to make birdlime.
- One of the organs, as the brain, heart, or stomach, in the great cavities of the body of an animal; especially used in the plural, and applied to the organs contained in the abdomen.
- Specifically, the intestines.
- glassy; vitreous
- The words of a song together with other sounds sung by a vocalist
- A phonetic vowel, as opposed to a phonological one.
- A short or weak utterance; a faint or feeble sound, as when separating the lips in pronouncing p or b.
- Sounded with vibration of the vocal cords. For example, the phone [z] is voiced, while [s] is unvoiced.
- One who voices something.
- One who fits or regulates the pipes of an organ so as to produce the desired quality of sound.
- An abscess cavity in the lungs or any other parenchymal organ.
- Pertaining to a heap
- To succeed in something, now especially in academic performance.
- To carry out successfully; to accomplish.
- To conclude, finish, especially successfully.
- To obtain, or gain (a desired result, objective etc.), as the result of exertion; to succeed in gaining; to win.
- To conclude, to turn out.
- To obtain (a material thing).
- A peptide that participates in the regulation of the menstrual cycle, cell proliferation, apoptosis, metabolism, and many other diverse functions.
- To bring forward; to move towards the front; to make to go on.
- To raise; to elevate.
- To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
- To accelerate the growth or progress of; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten.
- To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show.
- To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
- To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand.
- To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate.
- To move forwards, to approach.
- To extol; to laud.
- A forward move; improvement or progression.
- An amount of money or credit, especially given as a loan, or paid before it is due; an advancement.
- An addition to the price; rise in price or value.
- An opening approach or overture, especially of an unwelcome or sexual nature.
- Completed before need or a milestone event.
- Of or pertaining to the condition of zero-gravity.
- Having (a specified type or number of) alcoves
- Any small saltwater fish of the Engraulidae family, consisting of 160 species in 16 genera, of which the genus Engraulis is widely sold as food.
- Excessive or inordinate desire of gain; greediness after wealth; covetousness; cupidity.
- Inordinate desire for some supposed good.
- Relating to aviation
- Any substance used to kill birds.
- of, or relating to avionics (aviation electronics)
- To call off or away; to withdraw; to transfer to another tribunal.
- To cut off.
- To cut up; cut open; open up.
- To cut; carve or cut up; cut in pieces; carve.
- An encampment for the night, usually without tents or covering.
- Any temporary encampment.
- A temporary shelter constructed generally for a few nights.
- The watch of a whole army by night, when in danger of surprise or attack.
- To set up camp.
- To watch at night or be on guard, as a whole army.
- To encamp for the night without tents or covering.
- A type of light musket.
- The act of giving birth to a calf
- The breaking away of a mass of ice from an iceberg, glacier etc.
- Like a calf; stupid.
- An area of skin that has become bald.
- Bald, lacking all or most of one’s hair.
- A solicitation of voters or public opinion.
- A tally, audit and certification of votes.
- To solicit voters, opinions, etc. from; to go through, with personal solicitation or public addresses.
- To conduct a survey.
- To campaign.
- To sift; to strain; to examine thoroughly; to scrutinize.
- To examine by discussion; to debate.
- To toss in a canvas sheet; to thrash, beat.
- A convoy or procession of travelers, their vehicles and cargo, and any pack animals, especially camels crossing a desert.
- A furnished vehicle towed behind a car, etc., and used as a dwelling when stationary.
- To travel in a caravan (procession).
- To travel and/or live in a caravan (vehicle).
- A light, usually lateen-rigged sailing ship used by the Portuguese, as well as Spanish, for about 300 years, beginning in the fifteenth century, first for trade and later for voyages of exploration.
- An oily substance, C10H16, extracted from caraway.
- A carved object.
- The craft of producing a carved object.
- Executing turns without pivoting.
- A terpenoid found naturally in many essential oils, most abundant in the oils from seeds of caraway and dill.
- Manioc ( a tropical plant which is the source of tapioca.
- Tapioca, a starchy pulp made with manioc roots.
- a carangoid fish of the Atlantic coast.
- The military arm of service that fights while riding horses.
- An individual unit of the cavalry arm of service.
- The branch of the military transported by fast light vehicles, also known as mechanized cavalry.
- An early human or closely related species, popularly held to reside in caves.
- A brutish or savage person.
- A man with old fashioned or backward opinions, particularly with regard to women.
- A person who cavils; a faultfinder, quibbler or nitpicker
- Currency unit (hundredth of a peso) in Mexico
- A similar subdenomination of various other currencies.
- A small cap, with no peak, worn by members of German student corps
- Pertaining to a deer; deer-like.
- Raw seafood cured by marination in an acidic medium such as citrus, vinegar, or other souring agent, found primarily in Latin America.
- in the manner of or typical of a chav.
- A leafy herb, resembling parsley.
- leaves from the plant, used as an herb in cooking, which have a mild flavour of anise.
- A capitation tax; an equal tax or tribute per person.
- A V-shaped pattern; used in architecture, and as an insignia of military or police rank, on the sleeve
- A wide inverted V placed on a shield.
- One of the V-shaped markings on the surface of roads used to indicate minimum distances between vehicles.
- A guillemet, either of the punctuation marks “«” or “»”, used in several languages to indicate passages of speech. Similar to typical quotation marks used in the English language such as ““” and “””.
- An angle bracket, either used as a typographic or a scientific symbol.
- A a diacritical mark that may resemble an inverted circumflex.
- To form or be formed into chevrons
- From, or pertaining to, Chuvashia
- Someone from, or pertaining to Chuvashia
- An agglutinative language of the Bolgar branch of the Turkic language family and is spoken west of the Ural mountains in central Russia. Chuvash is the native language of the Chuvash people and an official language of Chuvashia. It is spoken by about two million people.
- in a civil manner; politely.
- A community.
- A state, a city-state.
- Resembling a club, becoming increasingly wide from the base to the distal end.
- The keyboard of an organ, pianoforte, or harmonium.
- Cleft or cloven.
- the plant called cleavers.
- the suit of clubs; primarily childish.
- Resembling or containing clover.
- To drive (a vehicle, a project, etc.) jointly with somebody else.
- To move violently; to agitate, excite or rouse
- curved like the inner surface of a sphere or bowl
- not convex; having at least one internal angle greater than 180 degrees..
- satisfying the property that all segments connecting two points on the function's graph lie below the function.
- hollow; empty
- A concave surface or curve.
- The vault of the sky.
- One of the celestial spheres of the Ptolemaic or geocentric model of the world.
- An element of a curved grid used to separate desirable material from tailings or chaff in mining and harvesting.
- An indentation running along the base of a surfboard, intended to increase lift.
- An indented area on the top of a skateboard, providing a position for foot placement and increasing board strength.
- To render concave, or increase the degree of concavity.
- To cooperate with others secretly in order to commit a crime; to collude.
- To plot or scheme.
- To pretend to be ignorant of something in order to escape blame; to ignore a fault deliberately.
- To open and close the eyes rapidly; to wink.
- To carry or convey; to move (a warm fluid) upward through a cooler fluid, to transfer heat or a fluid by convection.
- To come together; to meet; to unite.
- To come together, as in one body or for a public purpose; to meet; to assemble.
- To cause to assemble; to call together; to convoke.
- To summon judicially to meet or appear.
- A person who has converted to a religion.
- A person who is now in favour of something that he or she previously opposed or disliked.
- The equivalent of a conversion in rugby
- To transform or change (something) into another form, substance, state, or product.
- To change (something) from one use, function, or purpose to another.
- To induce (someone) to adopt a particular religion, faith, ideology or belief
- To exchange for something of equal value.
- To express (a quantity) in alternative units.
- To express (a unit of measure) in terms of another; to furnish a mathematical formula by which a quantity, expressed in the former unit, may be given in the latter.
- To appropriate wrongfully or unlawfully; to commit the common law tort of conversion.
- To score extra points after (a try) by completing a conversion.
- To score (a penalty).
- To score a spare.
- To undergo a conversion of religion, faith or belief
- To become converted.
- To cause to turn; to turn.
- To change (one proposition) into another, so that what was the subject of the first becomes the predicate of the second.
- To turn into another language; to translate.
- To increase one's individual score, especially from 50 runs (a fifty) to 100 runs (a century), or from a century to a double or triple century.
- To find guilty
- as a result of legal proceedings, about of a crime
- informally, notably in a moral sense; said about both perpetrator and act.
- A person convicted of a crime by a judicial body.
- A person deported to a penal colony.
- A common name for the sheepshead ( owing to its black and stripes.
- To feast with others
- a feast or banquet
- a participant in a feast or banquet
- To convene, to cause to assemble for a meeting.
- To call together.
- Any of various fish, including Cilus gilberti, Larimichthys polyactis, and members of the species Cynoscion and Isopisthus.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of crows or ravens.
- miserly, parsimonious
- A practice among some peoples, such as the Basques, of the husband of a woman in the last stages of pregnancy taking to bed, avoiding certain foods, or imitating other behaviours of a pregnant woman.
- Sympathetic pregnancy: the involuntary sympathetic experience of the husband of symptoms of his wife's pregnancy, such as weight gain or morning sickness.
- Overlaid with or enclosed within something.
- prepared for, or dealt with some matter
- Agent noun of cover; one who covers.
- Highly sought-after.
- A city in Romania.
- A strong desire; yearning.
- A transverse channel under a road or railway for the draining of water.
- To channel (a stream of water) through a culvert.
- Running; flowing.
- Having successive letters joined together.
- Of or relating to a grammatical aspect relating to an action that occurs in a straight line.
- A cursive character, letter or font.
- A manuscript written in cursive characters.
- Writing style.
- bent in a regular form; curved
- A shape or motion that curves.
- That curves or curve.
- The state of being curved; a bending in a regular form; crookedness.
- Having been cleared of valuable timber.
- An area of cutover land.
- The discontinuity that occurs when switching from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar.
- The process of quickly replacing a telephone switchboard, in which the connections are duplicated to the new machine and the original connections are then suddenly disconnected.
- Any process of quickly replacing a machine so as to minimize downtime.
- a pot, bucket, or basin, in which molten plate glass is carried from the melting pot to the casting table
- a cunette
- a small vessel with at least two flat and transparent sides, used to hold a liquid sample to be analysed in the light path of a spectrometer
- an inner lid of a timepiece
- Of, or relating to the Biblical King David and his descendants.
- To pronounce a word with little movement of the vocal cords
- To remove the voice flag from a user on IRC, preventing them from sending messages to the channel.
- A differential operator that allows a contravariant to be constructed from an invariant.
- A portion of a country's territory not connected to the main part
- A detached part of an organ, as of the pancreas, thyroid, or other gland.
- Licensing only those content clauses that represent claims assumed to be true.
- which does not know any falsities: which knows only truths.
- fictional, unreal, fanciful or invented
- A fish, the garvie or sprat.
- Displaying a lack of courtesy; rude, impolite.
- Uncivilized, barbarous.
- Resembling a series of dovetails; said of a line of division, such as the border of an ordinary.
- A bill; a commercial document issued by a seller to a buyer indicating the products, quantities and agreed prices for products or services that the seller has already provided the buyer with. An invoice indicates that, unless paid in advance, payment is due by the buyer to the seller, according to the agreed terms.
- The lot or set of goods as shipped or received.
- (generally of a vehicle) The price which a seller or dealer pays the manufacturer for goods to be sold.
- To bill; to issue an invoice.
- Like lava, or composed of lava; lavic.
- A dry sirocco of Spain.
- Used as, or relating to, a motif.
- The commander of a fleet.
- Of, pertaining to, or relating to an octave.
- Proceeding by intervals of eight.
- Octonary; expressed in base-8; octal, octonal.
- To act in an exaggerated manner.
- To act upon, or influence, unduly.
- Excessively coy.
- One of the dilatations of the body wall of Bryozoa in which the ova sometimes undergo the first stages of their development.
- Any substance designed to kill eggs, especially the eggs of insects.
- A duct through which an ovum passes from an ovary to the uterus or to the exterior.
- A form of electronics that uses materials able to change from an electrically non-conducting state to a semiconducting state shown by glass of special composition upon application of a certain minimum voltage.
- An act of saying ‘peccavi’; an admission of guilt or responsibility.
- Relating to pivalic acid or its derivatives
- The state of being private; the state of not being seen by others.
- Carried forward; advanced.
- Of or pertaining to pyruvic acid or its derivatives
- To carve again or into a new form.
- To take, as something that is offered, given, committed, sent, paid, etc.; to accept; to be given something.
- To take possession of.
- To act as a host for guests; to give admittance to; to permit to enter, as into one's house, presence, company, etc.
- To incur (an injury).
- To allow (a custom, tradition, etc.); to give credence or acceptance to.
- To detect a signal from a transmitter.
- To be in a position to take possession, or hit back the ball.
- To be in a position to hit back a service.
- To be in a position to catch a forward pass.
- To accept into the mind; to understand.
- An operation in which data is received.
- To curve again, to rebend.
- To curve back on itself.
- To overcome.
- To refute, as error.
- to voice again
- To restore the voice flag to a user on IRC, allowing them to send messages to the channel again.
- To replace the voice of an actor with that of another speaking a translation, to "dub".
- Relating or conforming to sattva (one of the gunas in Hindu philosophy).
- A toll or duty anciently exacted from merchant strangers by mayors, sheriffs, etc. for goods offered for sale within their precincts.
- To act as a scavenger, to scavenge.
- To write.
- To draw with chalks on a pavement or sidewalk.
- in Georgian grammar, a combination of tense, aspect and mood
- To glide or move smoothly.
- The science of trees and their habitat.
- Not civilized; savage; barbarous; uncivilized.
- Not civil; discourteous; impolite
- to remove the cover of an object
- To reveal the identity of
- To show openly; to disclose; to reveal.
- To divest of the hat or cap; to bare the head of.
- To deprive of the position or office of a vicar.
- An upward curve.
- To curve upwards.
- Relating to uveitis.
- An unoccupied position or job.
- An available room in a hotel; guest house, etc.
- Empty space.
- Lack of intelligence or understanding.
- A defect in a crystal caused by the absence of an atom in a lattice
- An announcement in court that something is cancelled or set aside; an annulment.
- A place where cows or cattle are kept; dairy farm.
- To empty, to clear out.
- One who holds the doctrine that the space between the bodies of the universe, or the molecules and atoms of matter, is a vacuum.
- Physical emptiness, an absence of matter; vacuum.
- An empty or inane remark or thing.
- A large membrane-bound vesicle in a cell's cytoplasm.
- The vacuoles and vacuolar system of an organism
- Lacking meaningful content.
- Showing a lack of thought or intelligence; vacant
- A wandering; vagrancy.
- Short curtain that hangs along the top edge of a window.
- A decorative framework used to conceal the curtain mechanism and so on at the top of a window.
- A short, decorative edging of cloth that hangs from the mattress to the floor.
- The drooping edging of the lid of a trunk, which covers the joint when the lid is closed.
- The number of edges connected to a vertex in a graph
- The capacity of a verb to take a specific number of arguments
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from valeric acid
- A tube for drawing liquors from a cask by the bunghole.
- Of or pertaining to vanadium, especially to vanadium with an oxidation number of 5.
- Of or pertaining to a prophet; prophetic.
- The transference of the germs of disease from those who are sick to those who are well.
- The act of carrying; conveyance; carriage.
- A conveyance; a device for carrying or transporting substances, objects or individuals.
- A medium for expression of talent or views.
- A liquid content (e.g. oil) which acts as a binding and drying agent in paint. (FM 55-501).
- The main excipient (such as an oil or gel) that conveys the active ingredient of a drug.
- An entity to achieve an end.
- A mode or method of spiritual practice; a yana.
- An animal or (rarely) a plant on which a Hindu deity rides or sits
- Produced by combining a closure at the velum and a lowering of the tongue to decrease the pressure in the mouth.
- Of, pertaining to or involved in hunting.
- Either of two types of whitefish, and
- poisonous; pertaining to poison or poisoning
- of or pertaining to the Veneti people, their language or culture, or to the Veneto
- An extinct Indo-European language that was spoken in ancient times by the Veneti tribe in the North-Italian Veneto and modern Slovenia, between the Po River delta and the southern fringe of the Alps. It should not be confused with Venetian, a Romance language presently spoken in the same region.
- A decision on an issue of fact in a civil or criminal case or an inquest.
- An opinion or judgement.
- A wart, especially one that grows on the foot, caused by a
- A rounded projection or wart.
- A sexine element similar to a wart
- Relating to insanity.
- A membrane-bound compartment found in a cell.
- A small bladder-like cell or cavity; a vesicula.
- A small sac or cyst or vacuole, especially one containing fluid. A blister formed in or beneath the skin, containing serum. A bleb.
- A pocket of embryonic tissue that is the beginning of an organ.
- A small cavity formed in volcanic rock by entrapment of a gas bubble during solidification.
- A bridge with several spans that carries road or rail traffic over a valley or other obstacles.
- Befitting a vicar.
- A town and associated province in Veneto, Italy.
- Any of a family of storage proteins found in legumes
- Of or pertaining to a neighborhood; neighboring.
- Describing identical atoms or groups attached to nearby (especially adjacent) atoms in a molecule.
- Describing subordinate planes on a crystal, which are very near to the fundamental planes in angles, and sometimes take their place.
- female victor; victress
- Food fit for human consumption.
- Food supplies; provisions.
- grain of any kind
- To provide with food; to provision.
- To lay in food supplies.
- To eat.
- A device in a television camera that forms an image composed of varying charges on a photoconductive surface
- A rascal; a scoundrel.
- relating to vinyl
- A viscous orange-brown liquid obtained by chemical treatment of cellulose and used as the basis of manufacturing rayon and cellulose film.
- A fabric made from this material.
- Having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid
- Of or pertaining to viscosity
- Pertaining to life; vital.
- The art or study of the manufacture and decoration of glassware.
- Articles of glassware collectively.
- Manner of supporting or continuing life or vegetation.
- Giving life; reviving; enlivening.
- A word or utterance, especially with reference to its form rather than its meaning.
- A syllable or sound without specific meaning, used together with or in place of actual words in a song.
- Able to be uttered.
- Used as a vowel, as opposed to consonantal, especially in Latin.
- In a vocal manner.
- Using words.
- Any of several electronic or digital devices or systems for the analysis and/or synthesis of speech.
- the final regulation of the pitch and tone of any sound-producing entity, especially of an organ or similar musical instrument
- a particular arrangement of notes to form a chord.
- the articulatory process in which the vocal cords vibrate
- a classification of speech sounds that tend to be associated with vocal cord vibration
- A vent or fissure on the surface of a planet (usually in a mountainous form) with a magma chamber attached to the mantle of a planet or moon, periodically erupting forth lava and volcanic gases onto the surface.
- The person who is vouched, or called into court to support or make good his warranty of title in the process of common recovery.
- A piece of paper that entitles the holder to a discount, or that can be exchanged for goods and services.
- A receipt.
- One who or that which vouches.
- To establish the authenticity of; to vouch for.
- To provide a vouch for (an expenditure).
- To provide (a beneficiary) with a voucher.
- A wave-particle; an entity which simultaneously has the properties of a wave and a particle.
- accusative; accusing
- Heaped, or growing in heaps, or closely compacted clusters.
- To heap up.
- Having been reached, attained or accomplished.
- One who achieves; a winner.
- To put into action; to put to work.
- To turn on (an electrical device).
- In an active manner.
- In the active form; not passive.
- The practice of using action to achieve a result, such as political demonstration or a strike in support of or in opposition to an issue.
- One who is politically active in the role of a citizen; especially, one who campaigns for change.
- One who is conspicuously active in carrying out any occupational or professional functions.
- Behaving as an activist.
- The state or quality of being active; nimbleness; agility; vigorous action or operation; energy; active force
- Something done as an action or a movement.
- Something done for pleasure or entertainment, especially one involving movement or an excursion.
- Use (of internet, Playstation, bank account etc.).
- To convert to activism.
- or close to the state of the art.
- Having moved forward in time or space (e.g. advanced ignition timing).
- In a late stage of development; greatly developed beyond an initial stage.
- Pronounced farther to the front of the vocal tract.
- Indicating a time ahead of the correct time.
- One who advances or puts forward.
- The overcaller's partner, especially one who bids following the overcall.
- A second branch of a buck's antler.
- A Dutch liqueur made of egg yolks, sugar and strong liquor, typically brandy.
- the profession of an advocate
- the act of arguing in favour of, or supporting something
- the practice of supporting someone to make their voice heard
- Someone whose job is to speak for someone's case in a court of law; a counsel.
- Anyone who argues the case of another; an intercessor.
- A person who speaks in support of something.
- A person who supports others to make their voices heard, or ideally for them to speak up for themselves.
- To plead in favour of; to defend by argument, before a tribunal or the public; to support, vindicate, or recommend publicly.
- To encourage support for something.
- To engage in advocacy.
- In Spain, a tax levied on transactions involving property movable or immovable.
- Opposing or countering vice (sinful behaviour).
- Having been placed into an archive.
- One who, or that which, archives.
- Latinized name of Ibn Sina, a Persian polymath
- Of or pertaining to a bird or to birds.
- The science and technology of the development and use of electrical and electronic devices in aviation.
- The devices used in avionics.
- The act of avowing; avowal.
- An upholding; defence; vindication.
- Backward and unsophisticated rural areas.
- Having both sides convex.
- An antisymmetric tensor of second rank
- The killing of a cow.
- One who kills cows.
- The rank or condition of a brevet officer.
Possible word length