Page 1 from 19
Total results: 19685
- To create visuals using computer-generated imagery; to apply visual effects.
- nuclear-powered guided-missile cruiser
- childhood gender nonconformity
- germinal center B-cell-like
- of, a system used by medical workers to score the severity of a patient being transported by ambulance on a number scale.
- A dull, fairly quick explosive or percussive sound, as if made by a labouring engine.
- A large gulp of drink.
- A homemade Cuban boat, built to carry emigrants to the USA, and often abandoned upon arrival.
- To make dull explosive sounds.
- To move or travel whilst making such sounds.
- to drink a large amount (especially of beer) in a single action/without breathing; to chugalug. People usually chant this at the person who is drinking.
- A dog; a cross between a pug and a chihuahua.
- To solicit charitable donations on the street, particularly in a persistent manner.
- A person of Native American descent.
- A glue or paste made from starch.
- Low cloud, fog or smog.
- Unburned carbon (smoke) from a steam or diesel locomotive, or multiple unit.
- Bits of rubber which are shed from tires during a race and collect off the racing line, especially on the outside of corners.
- To encumber
- To stick, like boots in mud
- A light breeze.
- A blood-sucking fly of the family Tabanidae; a gadfly, a horsefly.
- A type of shoe with an inflexible, often wooden sole sometimes with an open heel.
- A blockage.
- A shoe of any type.
- A weight, such as a log or block of wood, attached to a person or animal to hinder motion.
- That which hinders or impedes motion; an encumbrance, restraint, or impediment of any kind.
- To block or slow passage through (often with 'up').
- To encumber or load, especially with something that impedes motion; to hamper.
- To burden; to trammel; to embarrass; to perplex.
- (law) To enforce a mortgage lender right that prevents a borrower from exercising a right to redeem.
- The hybrid offspring of a goose and a duck
- A woman of loose morals.
- To destroy the data on a disk, either by corrupting the filesystem or by causing media damage.
- Shade, shadow.
- A shelter, a sheltered place (especially on the side of a hill).
- A squirrel.
- A lower-school or inferior boy.
- To shelter; to protect.
- To hide; to take shelter.
- An indigenous language family of North America, comprising Wiyot, Yurok, and many Algonquian languages.
- A circular frame on which cadgers carry hawks for sale.
- To beg.
- To obtain something by wit or guile; to convince people to do something they might not normally do.
- To carry hawks and other birds of prey.
- To carry, as a burden.
- To hawk or peddle, as fish, poultry, etc.
- To intrude or live on another meanly; to beg.
- cheerful or mirthful, as after good eating or drinking
- A basketball player.
- A person who drives an automobile, particularly for commuting.
- wary, careful, shrewd.
- Uncommunicative; unwilling or hesitant to give information, reticent.
- A member of a persecuted minority in south-western France.
- A fungus, Inonotus obliquus, found in over-the-counter medical and nutritional treatments and as an ingredient in herbal tea.
- A loud, ringing sound, like that made by free-hanging metal objects striking each other.
- Quality of tone.
- The cry of some birds, including the crane and the goose.
- A word or phrase linked only by sound and not by meaning, characteristic of some mental disorders.
- To strike (objects) together so as to produce a clang.
- To give out a clang; to resound.
- Fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit.
- adherence; attachment; devotion
- hold very tightly, as to not fall off.
- To adhere to an object, without being affixed, in such a way as to follow its contours. Used especially of fabrics and films.
- To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- To cause to dry up or wither.
- to be fond of, to feel strongly about
- To produce a high-pitched ringing sound, like a small bell.
- wasted away; shrunken
- Any of several perennial rhizomatous grasses of genus Imperata, especially
- A projecting corner or angle; a cornerstone.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A wedge used in typesetting.
- a tall, narrow, single-headed Cuban hand drum of African origin
- a march of Cuban origin in four-four time in which people form a chain, each holding the hips of the person in front of them; in each bar, dancers take three shuffle steps and then kick alternate legs outwards at the beat; the chain weaves around the place and allows new participants to join the back of the chain
- To dance the conga.
- A mountainous region in southwestern India, also known locally as Kodagu.
- A Dravidian family language of the aforementioned ethnic community.
- A member of the ethnic community originating from the region of Coorg in India.
- A breed of small dog having short legs and fox-like features.
- To push air from the lungs in a quick, noisy explosion.
- To force something out of the throat or lungs by coughing.
- To make a noise like a cough.
- A sudden, usually noisy expulsion of air from the lungs, often involuntary.
- A condition that causes one to cough; a tendency to cough.
- Formed as a result of syngamy (union of gametes), sexually produced, sexual.
- To drop from a high place upon sharp stakes or hooks as a punishment.
- A form of plaster of Paris formerly used in Persia
- A pig, especially a young pig, or its meat; sometimes specifically, a breed of wild pig or boar native to Scotland, now extinct.
- to act as a trainspotter; to partake in the activity or hobby of trainspotting.
- A gree; a step.
- Any of various vine-like climbing plants of Central and South America and the West Indies, including Mikania and Aristolochia species, reputed to have curative powers.
- A sweet glaze made primarily of sugar and often flavored, typically used for baked goods; frosting.
- A minor violation of ice hockey rules, occurring when a player shoots the puck from his/her side of the red line so that it crosses the goal line on the opponent's side. A team playing short-handed is not penalized for this.
- The process of forming a layer of ice on a surface.
- Written in, or relating to, Ogham.
- Relating to an orgy.
- A thin or scrawny person or animal.
- The lean end of a neck of mutton; the scrag end.
- The neck, especially of a sheep.
- A scrog.
- A rough or unkempt woman.
- A ragged, stunted tree or branch.
- To hang on a gallows, or to strangle or garotte or choke.
- To harass, to manhandle.
- To kill or destroy.
- A stunted or shrivelled bush
- The branch of a tree, especially one used as a blazon in Scotland
- The crab-apple tree
- A blackthorn
- Of or pertaining to a group of languages that includes Hungarian, Khanty and Mansi.
- A group of languages that includes Hungarian, Khanty and Mansi.
- Of or pertaining to yoga
- The state or condition of having aches.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- An intended action or deed.
- The occupation of an actor.
- The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
- Occurring without the union of male and female gametes; asexual
- Any of various fungi, principally of the order Agaricales, having fruiting bodies consisting of umbrella-like caps, on stalks, with numerous gills beneath.
- A dried fruiting body of a fungus formerly used in medicine, (now formerly
- The capacity, condition, or state of acting or of exerting power; action or activity; operation.
- A person or thing through which power is exerted or an end is achieved: instrumentality, means.
- The office or function of an agent; also, the relationship between a principal and that person's agent.
- An establishment engaged in doing business for another; also, the place of business or the district of such an agency.
- A department or other administrative unit of a government; also, the office or headquarters of, or the district administered by such unit of government.
- an accent that accentuates a note by extending it slightly beyond its normal time value
- Lacking an angle.
- Having a magnetic deviation of zero.
- The shape or motion of something that arcs.
- To encumber with a sticky substance; clog.
- To deceive; disappoint; jilt.
- A disappointment; trick.
- Of or pertaining to the Belgae, a German tribe who anciently possessed the country between the Rhine, the Seine, and the ocean.
- Of or pertaining to the Netherlands or to Belgium.
- A hawker or peddler.
- A beggar.
- The act of placing or trapping something in a cage.
- A tough old goose.
- Coarse, bad food of any kind.
- A layer or deposit of caked material.
- A heavy wooden collar or yoke borne on the shoulders and enclosing the neck and arms, formerly used in China to punish petty criminals.
- A beating with a cane.
- Kind, sensitive, empathetic.
- The act of one who cares.
- That which encloses or encases.
- The decorative trim around a door or window.
- A metal pipe used to line the borehole of a well.
- The collective states of upper and lower case letters.
- A cord of great toughness made from the intestines of animals, especially of sheep, used for strings of musical instruments, etc.
- The material from which such cords are made.
- A sort of linen or canvas, with wide interstices.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- The recreational sport of exploring caves.
- An act of collapsing or caving in.
- The act of producing a caw sound.
- One of an indigenous people of North America, part of the
- The Northern Iroquoian language of the Cayuga people.
- an unincorporated community and county seat of Haldimand County, Ontario, Canada.
- an unincorporated community in Livingston County, Illinois, USA.
- a town in Vermillion County, Indiana, USA.
- a village in Cayuga County, New York, USA.
- a tiny city in Sargent County, North Dakota, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Anderson County, Texas, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ashland County, Wisconsin, USA.
- A man of Asian ethnicity who is heavily influenced by hip-hop culture.
- A small tropical flea, Tunga penetrans, whose females burrow under the skin of animals, including humans, and lay their eggs, causing strong irritation and sores.
- Two species of bird of the genus Pyrrhocorax in the crow family Corvidae that breed mainly in high mountains and on coastal sea cliffs of Eurasia.
- The of genus Corcorax in the Australian mud-nest builders family, Corcoracidae, that inhabits dry woodlands.
- A wax candle used in religious rites.
- Sticky or tacky.
- Adhesive, having coal clinging to it.
- The upper stratum of fuller's earth.
- stiff, stubborn, clayey, tenacious
- Body of persons, such as ministers, sheiks, priests and rabbis, who are trained and ordained for religious service.
- Having a tendency to cling.
- Pathetically attached to, or possessive of someone, usually a significant other.
- Tending to cause clogging.
- Somewhat clogged or impeded.
- The colugo, or flying lemur.
- An independent city in Bavaria, Germany.
- A thin single-twilled worsted fabric with cotton or silk.
- A kind of bread roll.
- An amusingly eccentric or grumpy and usually elderly man.
- The process of encoding or decoding.
- The process of writing computer software code.
- An encoding.
- A method of communicating important medical information discreetly and quickly between medical professionals and responders.
- An alternative therapy used to treat addictions by convincing the patient (through hypnosis, placebos, etc.) that the substance will harm or kill them if they use it again.
- Reasonable and convincing; based on evidence.
- Appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning.
- Forcefully persuasive; relevant, pertinent.
- A flatterer or deceiver.
- A sharper.
- To move or walk unsteadily
- A small fishing boat.
- cobble (all senses)
- A dealer in cogware, or coarse cloth.
- Quoin (
- Coign (
- Coign; corner; angle.
- The manufacture of coke via the destructive distillation of coal
- An arboreal gliding mammal, of family Cynocephalidae in order Dermoptera, native to South-east Asia.
- The act of arriving; an arrival
- Approaching; of the future, especially the near future; the next.
- Newly in fashion; advancing into maturity or achievement.
- Ready to come; complaisant; fond.
- Leave, formal permission for some action, originally and particularly:
- Formal permission to leave; a passport.
- Formal dismissal; any dismissal, abrupt dismissal without ceremony.
- Formal leavetaking; any farewell.
- A fee paid to make another go away, alms to a persistent beggar.
- A bow, curtsey, or other gesture made at departure but including at greeting or in obeissance or respect.
- To give congee, particularly
- To give formal permission to leave; to dismiss.
- To give formal permission to do something; to license.
- To take congee: to leave ceremoniously.
- To make a congee: to bow, curtsey, etc., particularly while leaving; to make obeissance, show respect, or defer to someone or something.
- A type of thick rice porridge or soup, sometimes prepared with vegetables and/or meat.
- A kind of Chinese black tea.
- A coo; a cooing sound.
- The top layer of a brick wall, especially one that slopes in order to throw off water.
- The process of managing taxing circumstances, expending effort to solve personal and interpersonal problems, and seeking to master, minimize, reduce or tolerate stress or conflict.
- Clipping the beak or talons of a bird.
- The production of a core by means of drilling
- The dual of a ring.
- A leguminous climbing plant, Mucuna pruriens, the spiculae of which are sometimes used as a mechanical vermifuge.
- Characterized by rugged, sharp, or coarse features.
- A posture or gesture of shrinking or recoiling.
- A crick.
- An embarrassing event, item or behaviour which causes an onlooker to cringe.
- To bow or crouch in servility.
- To shrink, cower, tense or recoil, as in fear, disgust or embarrassment.
- To contract; to draw together; to cause to shrink or wrinkle; to distort.
- That demands action or attention.
- That deserves rebuke or censure.
- Action of the verb cry.
- A short heavy club with a rounded head used as a weapon.
- Anything that can be used as a threat to force one's will on another.
- To strike with a cudgel.
- To exercise (one's wits or brains).
- The act by which something is cured.
- The ragwort, the national flower of the Isle of Man, which has a large stalk.
- A game of dice.
- A fragment of diced food.
- A medicine made of oils mixed with syrups; a linctus.
- The state of needing, or of suffering a natural want.
- need; neediness; poverty.
- To lock inside a cage; to imprison.
- Diverging in the direction of travel.
- The most external portion of exterior siding.
- Fabric applied to a garment edge on the underside.
- A powdered substance, such as charcoal or bituminous coal, applied to the face of a mould, or mixed with the sand that forms it, to give a fine smooth surface to the casting.
- The collar and cuffs of a military coat, commonly of a different colour from the rest of the coat.
- The movement of soldiers by turning on their heels to the right, left, or about.
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, mushrooms.
- A town in North Dakota.
- A plant, Allium sativum, related to the onion, having a pungent bulb much used in cooking.
- To flavour with garlic
- Of or pertaining to the Gathas.
- Awkward or lacking in social graces; bumbling.
- Skewed, not plane.
- Describing a torsion angle of 60°.
- Belonging to earth; terrestrial.
- Pertaining to deeds or feats of arms; legendary.
- Relating to bodily motion; consisting of gestures.
- To look briefly (at something).
- To graze a surface.
- To sparkle.
- To move quickly, appearing and disappearing rapidly; to be visible only for an instant at a time; to move interruptedly; to twinkle.
- To strike and fly off in an oblique direction; to dart aside.
- To hit lightly with the head, make a deft header.
- To make an incidental or passing reflection; to allude; to hint; often with at.
- A brief or cursory look.
- A deflection.
- A stroke in which the ball is deflected to one side.
- A sudden flash of light or splendour.
- An incidental or passing thought or allusion.
- Any of various sulphides, mostly dark-coloured, which have a brilliant metallic lustre.
- Glance coal.
- A problem affecting function; a bug; an imperfection; a quirk
- A bug or an exploit.
- A genre of experimental electronic music of the 1990s, characterized by a deliberate use of sonic artifacts that would normally be viewed as unwanted noise.
- A signal which does not remain active for a full clock period.<ref >Microchip, "Application Notes", #1451-A, http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01451A.pdf
- To experience an intermittent, unexpected, malfunction
- To perform an exploit or recreate a bug while playing a video game.
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, sugar.
- To swallow.
- A mouthful.
- Any polysaccharide or oligosaccharide, especially one that is part of a glycoprotein or glycolipid.
- Any aliphatic diol.
- A thick, colourless liquid, C2H4(OH)2, of a sweetish taste, produced artificially from certain ethylene compounds and used as an antifreeze; ethylene glycol.
- The univalent radical obtained by removal of a hydrogen atom from the carboxylic acid group of glycine
- Of, or relating to gnomes (sententious sayings).
- Mysterious and often incomprehensible yet seemingly wise.
- Pertaining to black magic or necromancy.
- Agent noun of grace; one who graces.
- Pertaining to, or causing, gravitation.
- A grouch or killjoy.
- A person who aggressively sets out to ruin the Christmas holidays for others.
- A person who sells groceries (foodstuffs and household items) retail from a grocery.
- To sell groceries; to act as a grocer.
- A complaint, a grumble, a fit of ill-humor.
- One who is grumpy or irritable.
- To be grumpy or irritable; to complain.
- To murmur, complain.
- A complaint.
- A paper treated with alpha-guaiaconic acid, used in tests to detect blood in the faeces.
- Gymnastic; athletic.
- Of or pertaining to or
- That with which something is laced.
- The tied laces that form a netlike pattern.
- A beating as punishment; a hiding.
- Money or property bequeathed to someone in a will.
- Something inherited from a predecessor; a heritage.
- The descendant of an alumnus.
- Left over from the past; no longer current.
- Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac an Ghoill "son of the stranger"
- A village in Nebraska.
- The act of moving in paces, or their arrangement or timing.
- A kind of informal banter, often lightly pejorative but rarely mean-spirited, strongly associated with the lyrics of calypso music.
- Muck, scum, dirt, dirtiness; also used attributively.
- A scrounger; one who habitually borrows.
- A dirty or untidy person; one who takes no pride in their appearance.
- A scoundrel; a worthless or despicable person.
- To mark with scunge; to begrime or besmirch.
- To slink about; to sneak, to insinuate.
- To scrounge; to borrow.
- Dirty, messy; sordid.
- In the Middle Ages, a system whereby a tenant would pay a rent or do some agricultural work for the landlord.
- Causing great sadness or suffering.
- Relating to tragedy in a literary work.
- Involved in a tragedy.
- An obsessive fan, a superfan
- A writer of tragedy.
- A tragedy; a tragic drama.
- To take out of or release from a cage.
- To unleash; to remove from restraints.
- To remove a blockage from.
- To have a blockage removed.
- To prepare oneself for action.
- materia medica; the science of medical remedies
- Size, as measured in acres.
- An area of land measured in acres.
- any flowerless plant whose growth takes place at the tip of the main stem, especially the cryptogam ferns
- Characteristic of agape
- Lacking a sense of taste.
- To favour; to grace.
- grace; favour
- of the male bloodline; patrilineal
- Of or pertaining to the condition of zero-gravity.
- A hand sanitizer in the form of an alcohol gel
- Pain-causing; painful in nature.
- Relating to the level of hypersensitivity to pain.
- Producing or having relation to pain.
- Producing cold; covered in ice.
- Relating to alginic acid or its derivatives
- Of or relating to analgia.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of anergy
- Pertaining to the apogee.
- The arched part of a structure.
- hogging, opposed to sagging
- Relating to Argolis, a district in the Peloponnesus.
- Of or belonging to argot.
- Of, pertaining to, or afflicted with argyria.
- Containing augite.
- Support, especially financial.
- A liner or other material added behind or underneath.
- Musicians and vocalists who support the main performer
- That which provides support for the main performer
- An accumulation or buildup, especially of unfilled orders or unfinished work.
- In visual novels, a log containing text previously read.
- A reserve source or supply.
- A large log to burn at the back of a fire.
- To acquire something as a backlog, or to become a backlog
- To address (one) as "Grace".
- To grace or endue with grace; begift; endow.
- The roughest and cheapest sort of rubblework, in masonry.
- A coarse woollen fabric, used for floor cloths, to cover carpets, etc.
- A place set with trees or mass of shrubbery, a grove or thicket.
- Mast-nuts of forest trees, used as food for pigs, or any such sustenance as wood and trees yield to cattle.
- Among painters, the term is used for a picture depicting a wooded scene.
- A tax on wood.
- Invigorating or stimulating.
- A brace.
- A form of the military attention stance.
- The act or process of soaking or boiling cloth in an alkaline liquid in the operation of bleaching.
- The liquid used in this process.
- A washing.
- The process of breaking up or pulverizing ores.
- (of a quadruped) The act of bucking, or kicking both hind legs upward.
- An edible plant (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) having a head of green leaves.
- The leaves of this plant eaten as a vegetable.
- A person with severely reduced mental capacities due to brain damage.
- Marijuana leaf, the part that is not smoked but from which cannabutter can be extracted.
- The terminal bud of certain palm trees, used for food.
- The cabbage palmetto.
- To form a head like that of the cabbage.
- To do nothing; to idle; veg out.
- Scraps of cloth which are left after a garment has been cut out, which tailors traditionally kept.
- To purloin or embezzle; to pilfer, to steal.
- Resembling cabbage.
- The profession of a cabbie, especially one who drives a black cab.
- A collection of cables.
- The decoration of a fluted shaft of a column or of a pilaster with reeds, or rounded mouldings, which seem to be laid in the hollows of the fluting.
- That which can fit into a cage
- Land that has been cleared using slash-and-burn techniques.
- The largest city of the province of Alberta (Canada).
- A village on the isle of Mull, Scotland, the eponym of the Canadian city.
- A strong urge to become religious.
- A job or occupation.
- The act of giving birth to a calf
- The breaking away of a mass of ice from an iceberg, glacier etc.
- A stick-and-ball sport from Ireland played by women, almost identical to hurling.
- A medieval monophonic song, sometimes religious, characteristic of the Galician-Portuguese lyric.
- The act of removing one's hat as a token of respect.
- the leached upper part of a body or rock that still contains disseminated sulphide mineral deposit.
- The process of covering a borehole in order to seal an oil well.
- The selling of a security etc. close to an expiry date.
- The conversion of a polyhedron into a stellated polyhedron by raising a pyramid on each face.
- A piece of wool rolled by a carder (carding machine).
- The fraudulent trafficking of credit card details.
- Death and destruction.
- What remains after a massacre, e.g. the corpses or gore.
- Any chaotic situation.
- complaining excessively.
- Excessive complaining.
- The transport of goods by cart; carting
- A charge made for such transport
- The transporting of someone in a cart through the streets as part of a public punishment or humiliation.
- A carved object.
- The craft of producing a carved object.
- Executing turns without pivoting.
- Dried cattle dung used as fuel.
- A book printed and distributed periodically by a department store or mail-order retail company containing pictures and descriptions of merchandise offered for sale, as well as an order form for ordering such merchandise by mail.
- A book printed periodically by a college, university, or other institution that gives a definitive description of the institution, its history, courses and degrees offered, etc.
- A complete list of a recording artist's or a composer's songs.
- A cowpea native to Africa, Vigna unguiculata, sometimes a densely-branched shrubby perennial grown for animal fodder or food.
- A little cat; a kitten.
- catgut; a catgut string
- A double-edged, sharp-pointed dismembering knife.
- The surface that bounds the upper limit of a room.
- The upper limit of an object or action.
- The highest altitude at which an aircraft can safely maintain flight.
- The measurement of visible distance from ground or sea level to an overcast cloud cover; under a clear sky, the ceiling measurement is identified as "unlimited."
- The smallest integer greater than or equal to a given number.
- The inner planking of a vessel.
- confinement in a cell
- Rate by the hundred; percentage.
- The act by which something is chafed.
- An inflammatory nodule at the bite site of the reduviid bug which transmits Chagas disease.
- Distress of mind caused by a failure of aims or plans, want of appreciation, mistakes etc; vexation or mortification.
- A type of leather or skin with a rough surface. Online
- To bother or vex; to mortify.
- To be vexed or annoyed.
- Someone or something who changes things.
- Someone or something that changes or transforms itself.
- A device that charges or recharges.
- A large horse trained for battle and used by the cavalry. They were of a lighter build than a destrier
- A large platter.
- A large decorative plate, sometimes used under dinner plates or other savoury-dish vessels in a multi-course meal; also service plate or underplate
- One who charges.
- A speedloader that holds several cartridges together in a single unit for easier loading of a firearm's magazine.
- A rectal concealment container for prohibited material such as money, drugs and tools.
- Engraved or embossed decoration.
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- an unincorporated CDP in McHenry County, Illinois, USA.
- a town in Chemung County, New York, USA, named after the Chemung River.
- an unincorporated community in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, USA.
- a river in New York State.
- A capitation tax; an equal tax or tribute per person.
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A chigoe (Tunga penetrans), a kind of flea found in tropical climates.
- A harvest mite, a very small, red mite endemic to the Midwestern and Southeastern US, the infestation of which causes intense itching.
- An East Asian person who behaves in ways similar to a stereotypical urban African American.
- A roll or twist of hair worn at the nape of the neck; a bun.
- A temporary swelling on a neonate's head after a ventouse-assisted delivery.
- An instance of chiming; a sound that chimes.
- The process in which a person's airway becomes blocked, resulting in asphyxia in cases that are not treated promptly.
- The act of coughing when a foreign object (i.e. food, beverages) becomes lodged in a person's airway.
- A street fundraiser, especially a private contractor, working on behalf of a charity, who is aggressive or invasive.
- Something that clangs; an alarm bell (also figuratively).
- The clapper of a bell, anything that strikes a bell or other metal object to make a ringing sound.
- A very noticeable mistake; an attention-getting faux pas.
- An inhabitant of Bedfordshire.
- A mistake made by a player; counted in the game statistics in the category "errors including frees against".
- An early hi-hat consisting of cymbals mounted on the rim of a bass drum and struck with an arm on the drum's pedal.
- A scratch with the claws.
- Causing a visceral sensation of panic or terror.
- Having an obstructed flow; blocked.
- One who, or that which, clogs.
- The production of an exact copy of an object.
- The production of a cloned embryo by transplanting the nucleus of a somatic cell into an ovum.
- The act by which something is closed.
- The end or conclusion of something
- The final procedure in a house sale when documents are signed and recorded.
- Coming after all others.
- Unpleasantly excessive.
- Excessively sweet.
- An associate in an act; a coworker.
- The supplying of a ship with coal.
- On a boat, the vertical side of above-deck structures, such as the coach roof, hatch, and cockpit.
- A raised frame, designed to deflect or prevent entry of water, around an opening (e.g., a hatch or skylight) in a flat surface, such as a roof or deck.
- A thin outer layer.
- Cloth for making coats.
- The act of one who coaxes.
- an unofficial form of punishment among the crew involving blows to the buttocks from a piece of wood
- haughty; purse-proud
- The hunting of gamecocks.
- offensive or worthless
- A small, young cod
- A hake (cod-related food fish), notably from the genus
- A small, immature apple
- Any of various greenish, elongated English apple varieties, used for cooking
- The state of being cogent; the characteristic or quality of being reasonable and persuasive.
- Allied by blood; kindred by birth; specifically related on the mother's side.
- Of the same or a similar nature; of the same family; proceeding from the same stock or root; allied; kindred.
- Descended from the same source lexeme of an ancestor language.
- One of a number of things allied in origin or nature.
- One who is related to another on the female side.
- One who is related to another, both having descended from a common ancestor through legal marriages.
- A word either descended from the same base word of the same ancestor language as the given word, or strongly believed to be a regular reflex of the same reconstructed root of proto-language as the given word.
- relatives by the mother's side
- To know or be aware of.
- To select a pattern of information and assign it as an entity.
- an area overgrown with cogon
- a coarse cloth of the fourteenth century
- a coarse, narrow cloth, like frieze, used by the lower classes in the sixteenth century.
- The pattern or motion of something that coils.
- The process of coining money.
- Coins taken collectively; currency.
- The creation of new words, neologizing.
- Something which has been made or invented, especially a coined word; a neologism.
- The process of creating something new.
- A form of alternative medicine from Southeast Asia where a coin is rubbed vigorously on a patient's oiled skin.
- A newly created word or phrase.
- A particular brand of toothpaste.
- The act by which something is combed.
- Individual hairs that drop out when the hair is combed.
- Compages; consistency, solid structure; the compaction of parts into a whole.
- A compages; a unified complex whole formed from the compaction of parts.
- The practice of entering many competitions in order to win as many prizes as possible.
- musical accompaniment
- A compressed and impregnated wood; a wood-based composite made in various forms from panel to solid profiles.
- Fitting, appropriate, deserved, especially denoting punishment
- To change from a liquid to solid state perhaps by cold
- To coagulate, make curdled or semi-solid as gel or jelly
- To make rigid or immobile
- To become congealed, solidify
- a farmer whose lands do not support him adequately.
- To hinder or block the passage of something moving, for example a fluid, mixture, traffic, people, etc. (due to an excess of this or due to a partial or complete obstruction), resulting in overfilling or overcrowding.
- An ancient Roman unit of volume in liquid measure consisting of six sextarii or one-eighth amphora (about 7 fluid ounces).
- An ancient Roman unit of weight under Vespasian equal to the weight of a congius of water.
- Any member of the Congridae.
- To agree; to be suitable.
- To transfer to the custody of, usually for sale, transport, or safekeeping.
- To entrust to the care of another.
- To send to a final destination.
- To assign; to devote; to set apart.
- To stamp or impress; to affect.
- The process of preparing food by using heat.
- An instance of preparing food by using heat.
- The result of preparing food by using heat.
- One's ability to prepare food; cookery.
- The style or genre of food preparation.
- In progress, happening.
- A decrease in temperature.
- That cools.
- The great grey crane of India (Grus cinerea).
- an instance of the making of a copy
- the practice of making one or more copies
- A set of ropes and cords, especially that used for a ship's rigging.
- An amount of wood measured in cords.
- Decorative cord, often wrapped in colored fabric or foil
- The resultant decoration, or the act of decorating with cording
- A fee charged by a restaurant to serve wine that the diner has provided.
- splendid, enjoyable, bang-up
- The formation of white, cork-like striations on a jalapeño pepper.
- A feudal tax levied on horned cattle
- An ancient tenure of land, which obliged the tenant to give notice of an invasion by blowing a horn.
- The size or shape of a person's body.
- The waist or bodice of a woman's dress.
- A small bouquet of flowers, originally worn attached to the bodice of a woman's dress.
- The estimation of the cost of a process or product.
- A small house; a cot; a hut.
- A seasonal home of any size or stature. A recreational home or a home in a remote location.
- A public lavatory
- as a meeting place for homosexual men.
- To stay at a seasonal home, to go cottaging.
- To have homosexual sex in a public lavatory; to practice cottaging.
- The blending (or of wine.
- A village in Cumbria, England.
- A city/town in Missouri.
- A woman who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- A woman who identifies with cowboy culture, including clothing such as the cowboy hat.
- A playing card of queen rank.
- A sex position where the woman is on top; cowgirl position.
- To work as a cowgirl, herding cattle.
- To mount someone and have sexual intercourse in the cowgirl position.
- The use of a crane to hoist goods.
- Fees paid for use of the crane.
- The act of one who cranes.
- An artificial island, used in prehistoric and medieval times in Scotland and Ireland for dwelling.
- A strong desire; yearning.
- A covering of fine cracks on a hard smooth surface such as a glazed object or car exterior.
- A person who cringes or shies away.
- A short piece of rope, arranged as a grommet around a metal ring, used to attach tackle to a sail etc.
- A withe for fastening a gate.
- To fasten or attach with a cringle.
- A cry of joy or pleasure.
- a cryogenic liquid (that boils below about -160°C) used as a refrigerant
- The activities of Cub Scouts.
- The act by which somebody is cuffed or struck.
- The stamping of pigs of tin, by the proper officer, with the arms of the duchy of Cornwall.
- The act of culling; the process of selecting for acceptance or removal.
- Anything separated or selected from a mass.
- a city in Georgia, USA
- a small city in Iowa, USA.
- The operation of drawing blood to or from the surface of the person by forming a partial vacuum over the spot.
- A similar operation for drawing pus from an abscess.
- Fire cupping, a traditional therapeutic treatment called in which heated cupping glasses are applied to the skin, supposedly to draw blood towards the surface.
- The taking of a small amount of a beverage such as tea or coffee into the mouth in order to taste it; a session where this is done.
- A row of curbstones; the material used to construct such a curb
- The damage caused to a wheel or tire by curbing (running the wheel or tire into or over a curb).
- The act of one who curses.
- A shape or motion that curves.
- That curves or curve.
- A formation of cusps.
- The act of one who or uses bad language.
- The art of making edged tools or cutlery.
- The sport of riding and racing cycles, especially bicycles.
- Any cyclic action or process
- That undergoes a cyclic motion or process
- Being of the genus Cygnus (swan), within subfamily Anserinae of the family Anatidae, though sometimes considered a distinct subfamily, .
- Of, concerning, pertaining to, resembling, or having the characteristics of a swan or swans.
- An alkaloid from plants of genus found in Australia, principally Western Australia, highly toxic to introduced animals.
- A scalloped or pattypan variety of summer squash.
- A dirty or clotted lock of wool on a sheep.
- The activity of taking part in a dance.
- A dance club in France.
- The material from which a deck is made.
- An act of sexual intercourse with a man.
- produced by (the interaction of) two genes
- The act of docking.
- A charge levied for docking.
- The process of cutting off or trimming the tail or ears of an animal.
- The securing of a vessel to the quayside with cables
- (spacecraft) The process of connecting one spacecraft to another.
- The sex act involving two men co-joined by their penises, with overlapping foreskins, coupling them together by their penises.
- A foot soldier, especially during World War II.
- An ugly person.
- The action of the verb to duck.
- An instance of ducking (a person in water, etc).
- The act of something that echoes.
- A pastoral poem, often in the form of a shepherd's monologue or a dialogue between shepherds.
- The branch of biology dealing with the relationships of organisms with their environment and with each other.
- Of, or relating to an elegy.
- Expressing sorrow or mourning.
- A poem composed in the couplet style of classical elegies: a line of dactylic hexameter followed by a line of dactylic pentameter
- Of or pertaining to gallnuts
- Describing earthworms that live in the topsoil and deposit wormcasts on the surface
- Of or relating to certain systems that, given enough time, will eventually return to previously experienced state.
- Of or relating to a process in which every sequence or sample of sufficient size is equally representative of the whole.
- Pertaining to, or derived from, ergot.
- Payment to a lord in lieu of military service.
- The art of producing an image from a metal plate into which an image or text has been etched with acid.
- The image created by this process.
- Of or relating to eugenics.
- Relating or adapting to production of good offspring.
- (of bacterial growth) rapid and luxuriant
- The art or sport of duelling with swords, especially with the 17th- to 18th-century European dueling swords and the practice weapons decended from them (sport fencing)
- Material used to make fences, fences used as barriers or an enclosure.
- The art of raising plants at an earlier season than is normal, especially by using a hotbed
- An extension in the development time of an underexposed negative in order to bring out detail
- A technique used to prove the consistency of certain axioms in set theory. See
- The net flux of energy in or out of a system; the net change in an energy balance.
- A false spur or gaff, fitted on the heel of a gamecock.
- Of or pertaining to gametes.
Possible word length