Page 1 from 30
Total results: 30368
- Backus-Naur form (originally Backus normal form).
- A famous member of fandom; a celebrity fan.
- The innermost section of a chrysalis in a silk cocoon.
- A small lump or knob.
- The essence or core of an issue, argument etc.
- The clitoris.
- To hit the ball weakly.
- To push; to nudge.
- To beckon.
- A noob; a newcomer or incompetent.
- A bench; a high seat, or seat of distinction or judgment.
- A tribunal or court.
- A cattle-fort; a building used to shelter cattle.
- A defensive wall built around a tower house. It was once used to protect livestock during an attack.
- To cause (something) to change its shape into a curve, by physical force, chemical action, or any other means.
- To become curved.
- To cause to change direction.
- To change direction.
- To be inclined; to direct itself.
- To stoop.
- To bow in prayer, or in token of submission.
- To force to submit.
- To submit.
- To apply to a task or purpose.
- To apply oneself to a task or purpose.
- To adapt or interpret to for a purpose or beneficiary.
- To tie, as in securing a line to a cleat; to shackle a chain to an anchor; make fast.
- To smoothly change the pitch of a note.
- To swing the body when rowing.
- A curve.
- Any of the various knots which join the ends of two lines.
- A severe condition caused by excessively quick decompression, causing bubbles of nitrogen to form in the blood; decompression sickness.
- One of the honourable ordinaries formed by two diagonal lines drawn from the dexter chief to the sinister base; it generally occupies a fifth part of the shield if uncharged, but if charged one third.
- Turn; purpose; inclination; ends.
- In the leather trade, the best quality of sole leather; a butt.
- Hard, indurated clay; bind.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a ship's sides, more generally called wales, which have the beams, knees, and futtocks bolted to them.
- The frames or ribs that form the ship's body from the keel to the top of the sides.
- A glissando, or glide between one pitch and another.
- To tie; to confine by any ligature.
- To cohere or stick together in a mass.
- To be restrained from motion, or from customary or natural action, as by friction.
- To exert a binding or restraining influence.
- To tie or fasten tightly together, with a cord, band, ligature, chain, etc.
- To confine, restrain, or hold by physical force or influence of any kind.
- To couple.
- To oblige, restrain, or hold, by authority, law, duty, promise, vow, affection, or other social tie.
- To put (a person) under definite legal obligations, especially, under the obligation of a bond or covenant.
- To place under legal obligation to serve.
- To protect or strengthen by applying a band or binding, as the edge of a carpet or garment.
- To make fast (a thing) about or upon something, as by tying; to encircle with something.
- To cover, as with a bandage.
- To prevent or restrain from customary or natural action.
- To put together in a cover, as of books.
- To make two or more elements stick together.
- To associate an identifier with a value; to associate a variable name, method name, etc. with the content of a storage location.
- To complain; to whine about something.
- That which binds or ties.
- A troublesome situation; a problem; a predicament or quandary.
- Any twining or climbing plant or stem, especially a hop vine; a bine.
- A ligature or tie for grouping notes.
- A strong grip or stranglehold on a position that is difficult for the opponent to break.
- Eyeglasses or spectacles.
- a city in the south of the Czech Republic
- (now poetic) Ebony; an ebony tree.
- Made of ebony.
- Black in colour.
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- Either of two thorny shrublike trees, of the genus Ziziphus, from North Africa and the Middle East; is supposed to be the plant from which Christ's crown of thorns was made.
- The edible berry of
- A single-serving package of crackers, usually filled with peanut butter. Snack crackers.
- An important or self-important person.
- a jack turned up by the dealer. (see also nob)
- National Railway Adjustment Board.
- Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling; insensible.
- Not able to react, surprised, shocked.
- Causing numbness.
- To cause to become numb.
- To check; to reprimand.
- A latch or fastening for a door, window etc.
- A reprimand; a snub.
- To latch (a door, window etc.).
- Conspicuously short.
- Derived from a simpler polyhedron by the addition of extra triangular faces.
- A deliberate affront or slight.
- A sudden checking of a cable or rope.
- A knot; a protuberance; a snag.
- To slight, ignore or behave coldly toward someone.
- To turn down; to dismiss.
- To stub out (a cigarette etc).
- To halt the movement of a rope etc by turning it about a cleat or bollard etc; to secure a vessel in this manner.
- To clip or break off the end of; to check or stunt the growth of.
- To sob with convulsions.
- The tenth judge of Israel.
- born, begotten, created, developed
- A toxin akin to ricin found in jequirity beans, Abrus precatorius.
- Scotland, especially the Highlands.
- Common in a boring way, to the point of being predictable; containing nothing new or fresh.
- A general strike, shutdown, or other form of protest used in South Asia in which a substantial portion of the population stays home and does not report to work.
- To give and receive reciprocally; to exchange.
- To use or pass about casually.
- To throw or strike reciprocally, like balls in sports.
- To fight (with or against someone).
- Bowlegged, or bending outward at the knees; as in bandy legged.
- A winter sport played on ice, from which ice hockey developed.
- A club bent at the lower part for striking a ball at play; a hockey stick.
- A carriage or cart used in India, especially one drawn by bullocks.
- A town in Alberta, Canada.
- A town in council area, Scotland, and the former county town of
- A type of yoke carried on the shoulders, as a means for people to carry a load.
- Characterized by banging sounds.
- bantam (small, but aggressive)
- An argument, a disagreement.
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- The “holy dot” traditionally worn on the forehead of married Hindu women.
- Makeup or jewellery worn in imitation of such a dot.
- A tiny, sharp-needled seed often found on the ground in the bush.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A bit, or binary digit.
- A large barbel ( found in the Nile.
- An apocarotenoid that is the active ingredient of annatto.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A pale yellowish (golden brown) color, especially said of hair color.
- A person with this hair color.
- Of a bleached or pale golden (light yellowish) colour.
- Having blond hair.
- To color or dye blond
- distended, swollen or inflated
- panting and out of breath
- Formed by blowing
- Under the influence of drugs, especially marijuana.
- stale; worthless
- Covered with the eggs and larvae of flies; flyblown.
- Given a hot rod blower
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- imprisonment, captivity
- the condition of goods in a bonded warehouse until duty is paid
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A native of New Guinea.
- An Australian aboriginal.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- A river in Ireland.
- A metal bridle formerly used as a torture device to hold the head of a scold and restrain the tongue
- A sort of bridle with wooden side pieces.
- To put someone in the branks
- To hold up and toss the head; applied to horses as spurning the bit.
- To prance; to caper.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty.
- The sea
- A borough of New York City.
- A cocktail containing gin, vermouth and orange juice.
- name, a less common spelling of Brian.
- derived from Brian.
- A city in Ohio.
- A city in Texas
- name, a nonstandard spelling of Brian.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- A swindle or confidence trick.
- A parlour game played in teams with three dice, originating in England but popular among suburban women in the United States at the beginning of the 21st century.
- To swindle (someone).
- A baking pan with a hollow, circular, raised area in the middle.
- A wilderness region, away from cities.
- Diminutive of Bundaberg, a coastal city of Queensland.
- Abbreviation of Bundaberg rum.
- A culvert or short covered drain connecting two ditches.
- A chine or gully formed by water running over the edge of a cliff; a wooded glen or small ravine opening through the cliff line to the sea.
- Any small drain or culvert.
- A brick arch or wooden bridge, covered with earth across a drawn or carriage in a water-meadow, just wide enough to allow a hay-wagon to pass over.
- A small pool of water.
- A swelling from a blow; a bump.
- A sudden enlargement or mass of ore, as opposed to a vein or lode.
- A rabbit, especially a juvenile.
- A bunny girl: a nightclub waitress who wears a costume having rabbit ears and tail.
- In basketball, an easy shot (i.e., one right next to the bucket) that is missed.
- Bunny chow; a snack of bread filled with curry.
- Easy or unchallenging.
- Resembling a bun
- a female pet name
- A bunya pine,
- A banyan, a member of a specific Hindu caste.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- Big boss, important person.
- George Gordon (Noel) Byron, 6th Baron Byron (January 22, 1788–April 19, 1824), a famous English poet and leading figure in romanticism.
- name transferred from the surname, of mostly American usage.
- A in California.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A city in Illinois.
- an unincorporated community in Kankakee Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana, USA
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city in Minnesota.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in New York.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- One of two towns in Wisconsin.
- A town in Wyoming.
- A small dwelling characteristic of the frontier, especially when built from logs with simple tools and not constructed by professional builders, but by those who meant to live in it.
- A chalet or lodge, especially one that can hold large groups of people.
- A compartment on land, usually composed of logs.
- A private room on a ship.
- The interior of a boat, enclosed to create a small room, particularly for sleeping.
- The passenger area of an airplane.
- The section of a passenger plane having the same class of service.
- A signal box.
- A small room; an enclosed place.
- To place in a cabin.
- To live in, or as if in, a cabin; to lodge.
- A blue giant star in the constellation Cygnus; Alpha (α) Cygni. It forms one corner of the Summer Triangle. Deneb is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, and one of the most luminous stars known.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- To form or constitute as an orb.
- A city in Utah, USA, and county seat of Kane County.
- Coagulated sour milk diluted with water.
- A fermented liquor made with coagulated sour milk.
- A skiff used for fishing.
- A Hebrew stringed instrument.
- The symbol ∇, used to denote the gradient operator.
- A Muslim official in South Asia acting as a provincial deputy ruler under the Mughal empire; a local governor.
- Overly inquiring; nosey.
- The name of several places in northern England and elsewhere (meaning new settlement).
- for someone from one of these places.
- Knobbly; covered with small knobs.
- Nub-like, resembling a small bump or protrusion; stubby.
- To remove from a bag.
- Not bagged.
- To remove an impediment that obstructs the passage of (someone or something).
- To remove a prohibition.
- To unlock or unbolt a door that had been locked or bolted with a bar.
- To free from the restraint of anything that surrounds or encloses.
- To raise or rouse from bed.
- unbidden, uninvited.
- Which have not been bid for.
- To undo the process of bidding; to cancel a bid.
- To remove the turns of (a rope or cable) from the bits.
- To remove from a box.
- To retrieve (a value of a primitive type) from the object in which it is boxed.
- To divest of the traits of a boy.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.
- A member of the Sioux tribe of American Indian; Siouan.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- A Negrillo people of Gabon.
- The people of the Abongo tribe.
- To be full to overflowing.
- To be wealthy.
- To be highly productive.
- To be present or available in large numbers; to be plentiful.
- To revel in.
- To be copiously supplied;
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present; missing.
- Not existing; lacking.
- Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied.
- Absentee; a person who is away on occasion.
- In the absence of; without.
- To keep (oneself) away.
- To keep (someone) away.
- Stay away; withdraw.
- Scotland north of the River Forth.
- A prominent duchy bestowed upon younger sons of the royal family, belonging first to the Scottish peerage and then (after the 1707 Act of Union) to the British. It is currently suspended.
- The capital city of the state of New York in the United States of America.
- A major river of Ontario in Canada.
- A Hudson's Bay Company trading post in Ontario and the community that remains at its site.
- A sizable city in Georgia in the United States (76,939 during the 2000 census).
- A former district in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
- Any of numerous minor American communities and towns:
- A home-rule class city in Kentucky
- A city in Oregon
- A city in Western Australia.
- A suburb of Auckland, New Zealand.
- The bleak, a small European fish with silvery scales.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling an amoeba
- A wen or spongy wart on the legs or flanks of a horse.
- A city in eastern Algeria, corresponding to the ancient settlement of Hippo.
- A carbohydrate, isomeric with cane sugar, found in gum arabic.
- Mucilage, especially that made of gum arabic.
- The bleating of a sheep.
- An Old World monkey of the genus Papio, having dog-like muzzles and large canine teeth, cheek pouches, a short tail, and naked callosities on the buttocks.
- A foolish or boorish person.
- Resembling bacon, especially in flavor
- Illicium verum, an evergreen Chinese shrub of the magnolia family, with aromatic seeds; Chinese anise; star anise.
- A violence-prone man who has had run-ins with the law; especially one from the Old West days of U.S. history.
- A region of Nunavut
- An island in Nunavut, Baffin Island.
- Baffin Bay.
- A brothel.
- A building for bathing, sweating.
- In Turkey, a prison for slaves.
- Of a person, an object, or the weather: very hot; boiling, broiling, roasting.
- An action in which something is baked.
- The way in which something is baked.
- The production of a batch of baked product.
- The bony material that makes up the plates in the mouth of the baleen whale, Mysticeti, which it uses to trap its food; formerly used in corsetry
- a baleen whale
- A collection of material packaged into a bale.
- An ornamental covering, as of carpet or leather, for a bench or form.
- Marked with bands of colour.
- An Irish measure of two feet in length.
- A dog that has been tied up; a mastiff or other kind of guard dog.
- Specifically, a type of large, ferocious dog bred by crossing American pit bull terriers with Neapolitan mastiffs.
- A bailiff or prison guard.
- Disposal; control; licence.
- A thing or person which bangs, in any sense.
- A firework that makes a bang.
- A woman's breast.
- A sausage.
- An old, worn-out car.
- A cylinder in a car.
- A member of a gang (shortened from the word gangbanger).
- A powerfully energetic piece of music, especially dance music.
- A rigid bracelet or anklet, especially one with no clasp.
- to beat about or beat down, as corn by the wind.
- to waste away little by little; squander carelessly; fritter (away).
- to beat about in the air; flutter: said of a hawk which does not rise steadily and then swoop down upon its prey.
- to flap or hang down loosely, as a hat brim or an animal's ear.
- The cut branch of a tree; a large, rough stick; the largest piece of wood in a bundle of twigs
- A city in Gwynedd, Wales.
- A town in County Northern Ireland.
- Any of several other places named after the city in Wales, or the town in Northern Ireland.
- a city in Maine, USA
- The capital of the Central African Republic.
- To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
- To expel, especially from the mind.
- An Arawakan language spoken in Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil.
- The capital of the Gambia.
- Piled high.
- Of a cheque, deposited in a bank.
- Forbidden; not allowed.
- Good-humoured, playful, typically spontaneous conversation.
- To engage in banter or playful conversation.
- To play or do something amusing.
- To tease (someone) mildly.
- To joke about; to ridicule (a trait, habit, etc.).
- To delude or trick; to play a prank upon.
- To challenge to a match.
- Thrill-seeking; wild.
- A cry or cheer of "banzai", to express enthusiasm or celebrate victory.
- An English topographic surname for someone who owned, lived in, or worked in a barn.
- An English habitational surname for someone from the place of the same name in Surrey.
- A town originally in Surrey, now a district of London.
- A cutting weapon similar to a cleaver, with a thick back and thin razor-like edge, used by the Moros of the Philippines.
- The domain of a baron or baroness, usually as part of a larger kingdom or empire.
- of, an English administrative division originally reckoned as comprising 100 hides and in various numbers composing counties.
- Any large manor or estate, regardless of its owner's rank.
- The baronage: the body of barons in a realm.
- Baronship, the rank or position of a baron.
- The legal tenure of a baron's land; military tenure.
- A city-county seat and town in Wisconsin.
- The middle of the anterior margin of the foramen magnum of the skull.
- Apart from; except.
- To become better; improve in condition, especially by feeding.
- To feed to revel
- To thrive by feeding; grow fat; feed oneself gluttonously.
- To thrive, prosper, or live in luxury, especially at the expense of others; fare sumptuously.
- To gratify a morbid appetite or craving; gloat.
- To improve by feeding; fatten; make fat or cause to thrive due to plenteous feeding.
- To fertilize or enrich, as land.
- A thin strip of wood used in construction to hold members of a structure together or to provide a fixing point.
- A long strip of wood, metal, fibreglass etc., used for various purposes aboard ship, especially one inserted in a pocket sewn on the sail in order to keep the sail flat.
- In stagecraft, a long pipe, usually metal, affixed to the ceiling or fly system in a theater.
- The movable bar of a loom, which strikes home or closes the threads of a woof.
- To furnish with battens.
- To fasten or secure a hatch etc using battens.
- A silver coin minted in Bern, Switzerland from the 15th century until the mid-19th century, equal to 10 rappen.
- Action of the verb to bay; howling.
- An instance of baying; a howl.
- One of the earliest European settlers of the eventual colony of British Honduras, modern-day Belize.
- A sickbay nurse.
- A Mexican.
- A pitch deliberately thrown at the head (the of the batter.
- A superior or admirable person; something excellent.
- A cap that fits the head closely, usually knitted from wool.
- Short for a small soft toy filled with beans or similar stuffing.
- repeatedly struck
- mixed by paddling with a wooden spoon or other implement
- To bang about.
- To give bangs to; style in bangs.
- To wave and/or to nod to somebody with the intention to make the person come closer.
- To seem attractive and inviting
- A sign made without words; a beck.
- A children's game similar to hide and seek in which children who have been "caught" may escape if they see another hider beckon to them.
- a Mediterranean fish.
- To damn or curse roundly or with iteration and emphasis; damn all over.
- As a single unit or body; together.
- In order; one after another; in single file.
- Immediately; forthwith; quickly; straightway; anon; soon; early on; by and by.
- A pan used for urination and defecation while in bed, now usually for reasons of medical necessity or convenience.
- To cover with dung or manure.
- To bedaub or defile.
- To find; discover.
- To invent; contrive.
- To be found; be.
- To gnaw; to eat away at.
- To befool; deceive; balk; jilt.
- An illusion; trick; cheat.
- To hang round or about; depend; suspend; drape.
- To ornament; embellish.
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- To put horns on; cuckold.
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- To knit.
- To girdle or encircle.
- To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- To acknowledge; own; confess.
- an unincorporated community in Kentucky, USA.
- a city in Missouri, USA.
- a city in South Carolina, USA.
- a city in Texas, USA
- a community in Ontario, Canada.
- a village in England
- a village in Lincolnshire, England
- a village in England
- To mean; signify; inform.
- To make mean or base, demean.
- To moan or complain about; be dismayed or worried about something.
- To swear on oath; to solemnly declare; promise; give.
- To name; give a name (to); mention by name; nominate; denominate; call.
- To name; call; style; describe as.
- Property that is transacted under the name of a proxy to conceal the identity of the buyer.
- A person owning such property.
- Kind; gentle; mild.
- (of a climate or environment) mild and favorable
- not harmful to the environment: [in combination] an ozone-benign refrigerant.
- Not posing any serious threat to health; not particularly aggressive or recurrent.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- To annotate or make notes upon, especially excessively.
- To make numb, as by cold or anesthetic.
- To deaden.
- A transparent crystalline substance, C6H5.CO. NH2, obtained by the action of ammonia on benzoyl chloride and by several other reactions with benzoyl compounds.
- The organic compound 1,2-diphenyl-1,2-ethanedione, a diketone used as an intermediate in organic synthesis and as a photoinitiator for free-radical curing of polymer networks.
- The univalent radical C6H5-CH2- related to toluene and benzoic acid
- To rain upon; wet with rain; moisten.
- An inhabitant of the ancient city of Berea in what is now northern Greece.
- A member of certain Protestant groups.
- name, also used as a formal given name.
- A mountain range in northeast Wales.
- Furnished; arrayed; dressed; equipped.
- Accomplished; versed.
- To sing of or sing about; celebrate in song or poetry; sing the praises of; praise; laud.
- To sing to.
- To snow on; cover with snow, or as if with snow.
- To scatter like snow.
- To whiten.
- To spin around or about, so as to cover; spin all over.
- To endow with a tone; give a special tone to; place stress upon; accentuate; emphasise.
- Any plant of the genus Stachys.
- an herb used in traditional European medicine.
- Any plant of the genus Pedicularis (louseworts).
- Torn in pieces; tattered.
- To turn; turn around.
- Further away than.
- On the far side of.
- Later than; after.
- Greater than; so as to exceed or surpass.
- In addition to.
- Past, or out of reach of.
- Farther along or away.
- In addition; more.
- extremely, more than
- The unknown.
- The hereafter.
- Something that is far beyond.
- A coin made of gold or silver, minted at Byzantium and used in currency throughout mediaeval Europe.
- The heraldic representation of a gold coin.
- A type of Indian devotional song.
- The three-dimensional shape swept by revolving an isosceles triangle around its edge of unequal length, or by joining two identical right circular cones, base to base.
- Having two horns.
- A plane curve having two cusps
- A form of spear having two prongs
- a deep-red cooking apple native to Britain.
Possible word length