Page 1 from 36
Total results: 37346
- An item of clothing for babies tied around their neck to protect their clothes from getting dirty when eating.
- Similar items of clothing such as the Chinese dudou and Vietnamese yem.
- A rectangular piece of material, carrying a bib number, worn as identification by entrants in a race
- A colourful polyester or plastic vest worn over one's clothes, usually to mark one's team during group activities.
- The upper part of an apron or overalls.
- A patch of colour around an animal's upper breast and throat.
- A north Atlantic fish (Trisopterus luscus), allied to the cod; the pouting.
- A bibcock.
- To drink heartily; to tipple.
- Federation of British Industry (1916–1965), forerunner of CBI (Confederation of British Industry).
- Fixed-bit index.
- Female body inspector.
- International Business Machines.
- International Brotherhood of Magicians.
- Intercontinental ballistic missile.
- A company that dominates its field.
- A triangular staysail set forward of the foremast. In a sloop (see image) the basic jib reaches back roughly to the level of the mast.
- Any of a variety of specialty triangular staysails set forward of the foremast.
- The projecting arm of a crane
- A crane used for mounting and moving a video camera
- An object that is used for performing tricks while skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, in-line skating, or biking. These objects are usually found in a terrain park or skate park.
- (dialectal) The under lip, the mouth, face, nose, or teeth.
- To shift, or swing round, as a sail, boom, yard, etc., as in tacking.
- To stop and refuse to go forward (usually of a horse).
- To stop doing something, to become reluctant to proceed with an activity.
- One who jibs or balks, refusing to continue forward.
- A stationary condition; a standstill.
- A sash worn with a kimono.
- A strip of paper looped around a book or other product.
- Runs batted in, a baseball statistic
- Risk-based inspection
- Reserve Bank of India
- Radio Berlin International
- Ruđer Bošković Institute
- The first month of the Jewish ecclesiastical year, corresponding nearly to the Gregorian April. After the Babylonish captivity this month was called Nisan.
- An aromatic red powder that is used during the Holi festival. 1976
- A South American tropical fruit tree,
- The fruit of this tree.
- A small island north of New Guinea.
- A language spoken on this island and others near it.
- A sudden, sharp blow or punch.
- A wipeout.
- To strike such a blow against.
- To discard; to throw out; to throw away.
- To wipe out; to faceplant; to fall.
- a peninsula and town in north-west Turkey
- A virulent poison extracted from or other species of aconite.
- The plant itself.
- The spoiling of someone's score in the crib.
- A deception, a hoax.
- To spoil the score of (someone) in cribbage.
- To do someone out of their due; to deceive or defraud, to cheat (someone).
- Half a coconut shell, used in Fiji as a cup for drinking alcohol.
- To tie; to confine by any ligature.
- To cohere or stick together in a mass.
- To be restrained from motion, or from customary or natural action, as by friction.
- To exert a binding or restraining influence.
- To tie or fasten tightly together, with a cord, band, ligature, chain, etc.
- To confine, restrain, or hold by physical force or influence of any kind.
- To couple.
- To oblige, restrain, or hold, by authority, law, duty, promise, vow, affection, or other social tie.
- To put (a person) under definite legal obligations, especially, under the obligation of a bond or covenant.
- To place under legal obligation to serve.
- To protect or strengthen by applying a band or binding, as the edge of a carpet or garment.
- To make fast (a thing) about or upon something, as by tying; to encircle with something.
- To cover, as with a bandage.
- To prevent or restrain from customary or natural action.
- To put together in a cover, as of books.
- To make two or more elements stick together.
- To associate an identifier with a value; to associate a variable name, method name, etc. with the content of a storage location.
- To complain; to whine about something.
- That which binds or ties.
- A troublesome situation; a problem; a predicament or quandary.
- Any twining or climbing plant or stem, especially a hop vine; a bine.
- A ligature or tie for grouping notes.
- A strong grip or stranglehold on a position that is difficult for the opponent to break.
- Eyeglasses or spectacles.
- To spin.
- To cause (a floating log) to rotate by treading on it.
- A type of grace note movement that quickly switches between low-A and low-G several times, producing a low rippling sound. www.mcnabbs.org - Introduction to Bagpipe Music
- The bitts.
- A bollard.
- To put round the bitts.
- A plucked lute, originating in the classical and traditional music of Japan, characterized by a pear-shaped body and four or five high frets, giving the instrument a distinctively twangy tone.
- A chunk of cannabis resin.
- A small dot registered on electronic equipment, such as a radar or oscilloscope screen.
- A short sound of a single pitch, usually electronically generated.
- A brief and usually minor aberration or deviation from what is expected or normal.
- As blip out: to skip over or ignore.
- To change state abruptly, such as between off and on or dark and light, sometimes implying motion.
- A localized accumulation of pus in the skin, resulting from infection.
- The point at which fluid begins to change to a vapour.
- A dish of boiled food, especially based on seafood.
- The collective noun for a group of hawks.
- To heat (a liquid) to the point where it begins to turn into a gas.
- To cook in boiling water.
- Of a liquid, to begin to turn into a gas, seethe.
- Said of weather being uncomfortably hot.
- To feel uncomfortably hot. See also seethe.
- To form, or separate, by boiling or evaporation.
- To steep or soak in warm water.
- To be agitated like boiling water; to bubble; to effervesce.
- To be moved or excited with passion; to be hot or fervid.
- A variety of soft, mild French cheese made from cow's milk.
- A measure (in degrees) of the amount of dissolved solids in a liquid via its specific gravity; used especially to measure dissolved sugar in fruit juice and wine.
- A baby’s bed with high, often slatted, often moveable sides, suitable for a child who has outgrown a cradle or bassinet.
- A bed for a child older than a baby.
- A small sleeping berth in a packet ship or other small vessel
- A wicker basket; compare Moses basket.
- A manger, a feeding trough for animals elevated off the earth or floor, especially one for fodder such as hay.
- The baby Jesus and the manger in a creche or nativity scene, consisting of statues of Mary, Joseph and various other characters such as the magi.
- A bin for drying or storing grain, as with a corn crib.
- A small room or covered structure, especially one of rough construction, used for storage or penning animals.
- A confined space, as with a cage or office-cubicle
- A job, a position; (British), an appointment.
- A hovel, a roughly constructed building best suited to the shelter of animals but used for human habitation.
- One’s residence, or where one normally hangs out.
- A boxy structure traditionally built of heavy wooden timbers, to support an existing structure from below, as with a mineshaft or a building being raised off its foundation in preparation for being moved; see cribbing.
- A collection of quotes or references for use in speaking, for assembling a written document, or as an aid to a project of some sort; a crib sheet.
- A minor theft, extortion or embezzlement, with or without criminal intent.
- Short for the card game cribbage.
- The cards discarded by players and used by the dealer.
- A known piece of information corresponding to a section of encrypted text, that is then used to work out the remaining sections.
- A small holiday home, often near a beach and of simple construction.
- A packed lunch taken to work.
- A small raft made of timber.
- The stomach.
- To place or confine in a crib.
- To shut up or confine in a narrow habitation; to cage; to cramp.
- To collect one or more passages and/or references for use in a speech, written document or as an aid for some task; to create a crib sheet.
- To install timber supports, as with cribbing.
- To steal or embezzle, to cheat out of.
- To complain, to grumble
- To crowd together, or to be confined, as if in a crib or in narrow accommodations.
- To seize the manger or other solid object with the teeth and draw in wind.
- To plagiarize; to copy; to cheat.
- To cut off; chop off.
- To cut off little by little; cheat by small and reiterated tricks; purloin.
- To entice step by step.
- To appropriate unlawfully; to embezzle.
- To shoot directly at short range.
- To shoot at a mark at short range.
- To shoot (a shaft) so as to pierce on the descent.
- To beat; thrash; drub.
- To scold.
- To strike another player's marble when playing from the trigger.
- A drop.
- derived from a diminutive of the name Gilbert.
- The internal organs of certain computer game characters after being splattered to death.
- Having a ready flow of words but lacking thought or understanding; superficial; shallow.
- Smooth or slippery.
- Artfully persuasive in nature.
- To make glib.
- A mass of matted hair worn down over the eyes, formerly worn in Ireland.
- To castrate; to geld; to emasculate.
- A West African antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus), marked with white stripes and spots on a reddish fawn ground; the
- A metrical foot in verse consisting of an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable.
- A type of wild mountain goat of the genus Capra, such as the species
- A maneuver in which the stern of a sailing boat or ship crosses the wind, typically resulting in the sudden sweep of the boom from one side of the sailboat to the other.
- To perform a jibe.
- To cause to execute a jibe.
- To agree.
- A facetious or insulting remark, a jeer or taunt.
- To make a mocking remark or remarks, jeer.
- To mock, taunt.
- To say in a mocking or taunting manner.
- A chilblain or ulcer, especially on the heel of the foot.
- Affected with kibes.
- A major appendage of human or animal, used for locomotion (such as an arm, leg or wing).
- A branch of a tree.
- The part of the bow, from the handle to the tip.
- An elementary piece of the mechanism of a lock.
- A thing or person regarded as a part or member of, or attachment to, something else.
- To remove the limbs from an animal or tree.
- To supply with limbs.
- The apparent visual edge of a celestial body.
- The graduated edge of a circle or arc.
- The border or upper spreading part of a monopetalous corolla, or of a petal or sepal; blade.
- An important or self-important person.
- a jack turned up by the dealer. (see also nob)
- Death of a person.
- A mass or other service held for the soul of a dead person.
- A record of a person's death.
- An obituary.
- A latch or fastening for a door, window etc.
- A reprimand; a snub.
- To latch (a door, window etc.).
- To stimulate one's vulva against another vulva; to scissor.
- The fifth month of the later ancient Egyptian civil calendar and Coptic calendar, corresponding to the first month of the season of Peret. Since 25 BCE, when the calendar was reformed to include leap-days, Tybi has been in roughly January.
- A vibraphone.
- An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing.
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- To agree.
- To get along; to hit it off.
- An Ethiopian horsefly of the genus destructive to livestock.
- A diminutive of the female given name Abigail.
- Accept, comply or act in accordance.
- To wait in expectation.
- To pause; to delay.
- To stay; to continue in a place; to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to be left.
- To have one's abode; to dwell; to reside; to sojourn.
- To endure; to remain; to last.
- To stand ready for; to await for someone; watch for.
- To endure without yielding; to withstand; await defiantly; to encounter; to persevere.
- To endure or undergo a hard trial or a task; to stand up under.
- To await submissively; accept without question; submit to.
- To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with; stand.
- To pay for; to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for; to atone for.
- Bogo; a Philippine fruit tree, from the family Burseraceae. 1976
- In a boil; boiling.
- Heated up; excited.
- In a boil; boiling.
- Figuratively, heated up; excited.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- A toxin akin to ricin found in jequirity beans, Abrus precatorius.
- the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan; called Arbela in classical times
- Sushi made from abalone.
- Of or pertaining to weight, especially to the weight or pressure of the atmosphere as measured by a barometer.
- Of or pertaining to barium.
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- form of (a tanned sheepskin)
- To make dim; to obscure or darken.
- A thin, often flavored, Indian cigarette made of tobacco wrapped in a tendu leaf.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- A Central Indo-Aryan language spoken in west-central India.
- Upper arm muscle which bends the elbow. Usage note: Certain authors spell the singular of this word biceps.
- A region of the Philippines located at south-eastern Luzon.
- The language of the native inhabitants of the region.
- The inhabitants of the region.
- The ability to detect whether or not a person is bisexual by observing that person.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- Cleft; divided into two lobes.
- Something large in size in comparison to similar things.
- Something impressive in comparison to similar things.
- Big deal, usually in used in the negative.
- A measure of land in India, varying from a third of an acre to an acre.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- Habitable, liveable; hence delightful, pleasant, pleasing.
- Strongly, with great force.
- In a blustering or boastful manner; haughtily, pompously.
- One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
- One who is strongly partial to his or her own group (e.g. religion, race, ethnicity, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- A motorcyclist who is a member of a club; a biker.
- Containing, or resembling, bilge.
- name derived from Bill, the diminutive of William.
- The “holy dot” traditionally worn on the forehead of married Hindu women.
- Makeup or jewellery worn in imitation of such a dot.
- A tiny, sharp-needled seed often found on the ground in the bush.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A bit, or binary digit.
- A large barbel ( found in the Nile.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- The living organisms of a region.
- An animal, being or construction that goes about on two feet (or two legs).
- Any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- A stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
- A birch-bark canoe.
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- Resembling or characteristic of a bird.
- Excited due to having encountered a bird or its scent.
- bristling, bristly (of an animal such as a wolf or a bear).
- The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- An instance of childbirth.
- A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- That which is born.
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- To bear or give birth to (a child).
- To produce, give rise to.
- A female dog or other canine, particularly a recent mother.
- A despicable or disagreeable, aggressive person, typically a woman or man considered effeminate in some way.
- A submissive person, often female, who does what others want; a slave.
- A complaint, especially when the complaint is unjustified.
- A difficult or confounding problem.
- A queen (playing card), particularly the queen of spades in the card game of hearts.
- Something unforgiving and unpleasant.
- Place; situation
- To behave or act as a bitch.
- To criticize spitefully, often for the sake of complaining rather than in order to have the problem corrected.
- To spoil, to ruin.
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- A frame composed of two strong oak timbers (bitt-heads) fixed vertically in the fore part of a ship, bolted to the deck beams to which are secured the cables when the ship rides to anchor
- Containing bits; fragmented.
- Very small.
- A small tent or shelter.
- To erect, or to stay in such a tent or shelter
- An apocarotenoid that is the active ingredient of annatto.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A gust of wind and rain.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- A diminutive of the female given name Roberta.
- A railway carriage.
- A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- various hostile supernatural creatures, especially a ghost.
- of: the wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- an unknown or hostile aircraft.
- a booger.
- a score of one over par on a hole.
- a cigarette.
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- A meteor or brilliant shooting star, followed by a train of light or sparks; especially one which explodes.
- Of, pertaining to, or containing the element boron.
- An animal of the family Bovidae (such as the antelope, gazelle, goat, and sheep).
- To make a sudden movement with, to jerk.
- To start into motion.
- To weave together, intertwine (strands of fibers, ribbons, etc.); to arrange (hair) in braids.
- To mix, or make uniformly soft, by beating, rubbing, or straining, as in preparing food.
- To reproach; to upbraid.
- A sudden movement; a jerk, a wrench.
- A weave of three or more strands of fibers, ribbons, cords or hair often for decoration.
- A fancy; freak; caprice.
- A small rope used to truss up sails.
- A thong of soft leather to bind up a hawk's wing.
- A stock at each end of a seine to keep it stretched.
- To reef, shorten or strike sail using brails.
- Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To give a bribe to; specifically, to ask a person to do something, usually against his/her will, in exchange for some type of reward or relief from potential trouble.
- To gain by a bribe; to induce as by a bribe.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty.
- The sea
- Full of liveliness and activity; characterized by quickness of motion or action; lively; spirited; quick.
- Full of spirit of life; effervescing
- Stimulating or invigorating.
- Abrupt, curt in one's manner or in relation to others.
- To make or become lively; to enliven; to animate.
- form of (ritual circumcision)
- To cook by direct, radiant heat. (British: grill)
- To expose to great heat.
- To be exposed to great heat.
- Food prepared by broiling.
- to cause a rowdy disturbance; embroil
- (obsolete) to brawl
- A brawl; a rowdy disturbance.
- To form (something) by combining materials or parts.
- To develop or give form to (something) according to a plan or process.
- To increase or strengthen (something) by adding gradually to.
- To establish a basis for (something).
- To form by combining materials or parts.
- To develop in magnitude or extent.
- To construct (software) by compiling its source code.
- To be constructed by compilation of source code, usually with minimal human intervention.
- The physique of a human body; constitution or structure of a human body.
- Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- Any structure, such as a building, statue, pool or forest, created by the player.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- A small dwelling characteristic of the frontier, especially when built from logs with simple tools and not constructed by professional builders, but by those who meant to live in it.
- A chalet or lodge, especially one that can hold large groups of people.
- A compartment on land, usually composed of logs.
- A private room on a ship.
- The interior of a boat, enclosed to create a small room, particularly for sleeping.
- The passenger area of an airplane.
- The section of a passenger plane having the same class of service.
- A signal box.
- A small room; an enclosed place.
- To place in a cabin.
- To live in, or as if in, a cabin; to lodge.
- Any member of the Cebidae.
- a capital city of Chiba prefecture, Japan.
- The edge of a cask, etc; a chine.
- A perennial onion plant, Allium fistulosum, commonly called Welsh onion.
- To ascend; rise; to go up.
- To mount; to move upwards on.
- To scale; to get to the top of something.
- To move (especially up and down something) by gripping with the hands and using the feet.
- to practise the sport of climbing
- to jump high
- To move to a higher position on the social ladder.
- Of plants, to grow upwards by clinging to something.
- An act of climbing.
- The act of getting to somewhere more elevated.
- An upwards struggle
- Rachycentron canadum, a perciform marine fish.
- Used in the names of units of volume formed by multiplying a unit of length by itself twice.
- Of a class of polynomial of the form <math> ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d </math>
- Having three equal axes and all angles 90°.
- A cubic curve.
- name. A 20th century spelling variant of Sybil.
- A laundryman in India and Pakistan; a washerman.
- Any of a number of places in England, Canada, and Australia.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A diminutive of the male given names Ebenezer and Eben.
- A city in the province of Guipúzcoa, Basque Country, Spain
- A single elongated piece of a given material, roughly round in cross-section, often twisted with other fibers to form thread.
- A material in the form of fibers.
- A material whose length is at least 1000 times its width.
- Dietary fiber.
- Moral strength and resolve.
- The preimage of a given point in the range of a map.
- Said to be of a morphism over a global element: The pullback of the said morphism along the said global element.
- A kind of lightweight thread of execution.
- a building material consisting of fibres and cement pressed into sheets
- An English patronymic surname from Gibb (Gilbert).
- A village in Missouri, US.
- One who utters gibes.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A male given name.
- An official of a Muslim court, of varied importance, initially controlling access to the caliph, but later very powerful; a chamberlain.
- One of the Balearic Islands of Spain.
- To wet or stain an object completely with some physical quality.
- In general, to act in a way which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- To form or constitute as an orb.
- A unit of land used in the Middle East; its precise size depends on region and on time-period, and can range from a thousand square meters to a hectare.
- A Japanese-American who is born in the United States but primarily educated in Japan.
- An English placename.
- A in Arkansas
- an unincorporated community in Van Buren Township, Monroe County, Indiana, USA
- A village in Ohio
- A hamlet in Ontario, Canada
- A city in Texas
- A town in Vermont
- A town in Wyoming
- originally for a person from Kirby.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name transferred from the surname.
- The plant Amorphophallus titanum, the titan arum.
- name and
- A city in Montana, USA
- A written or pictorial false statement which unjustly seeks to damage someone's reputation.
- The act or crime of displaying such a statement publicly.
- Any defamatory writing; a lampoon; a satire.
- A written declaration or statement by the plaintiff of his cause of action, and of the relief he seeks.
- A brief writing of any kind, especially a declaration, bill, certificate, request, supplication, etc.
- To defame someone, especially in a manner that meets the legal definition of libel.
- To proceed against (a ship, goods, etc.) by filing a libel.
- country in North Africa.
- Africa; that is, the part of North Africa known in classical antiquity.
- A tribal people of Nepal (and to a lesser extent India and Bhutan).
- Their Tibeto-Burman language, written in a unique script.
- Having many limbs, or branches.
- A thumb piano, a musical instrument having a small sound box fitted with a row of tuned tabs that are plucked with the thumbs, originating among the Shona of southern Africa; any type of plucked lamellophone of the same type as the Shona instrument.
- spherical; orbicular; circular
- a species of antelope.
- Of, or relating to the area of the body adjacent to the pubis or the pubes.
- the pubic bone; the part of the hipbone forming the front arch of the pelvis
- The direction in which Muslims face while praying, currently determined as the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca.
- Of or pertaining to rabies.
- Affected with rabies.
- Of or pertaining to rabies, or hydrophobia.
- Furious; raging; extremely violent.
- Very extreme, unreasonable, or fanatical in opinion; excessively zealous.
- To bid again on something.
- To require a new set of bids for.
- To bid a higher value of the current suit.
- A second or subsequent (normally higher) bid.
- Pertaining to or having ribs; ribbed.
- Specifically, thin so as to have prominent ribs; emaciated.
- Shabby, in poor condition.
- a city in Idaho, USA
- A diminutive of the female given name Roberta.
- a green vegetable
- the larger leaves and the seed capsules of Indian hemp which are used to make bhang
- formerly, a term of respect for a white European in colonial India
- A small firework that is intended to spew sparks rather than explode.
- A similar device used to ignite an explosive or launch a rocket, etc.
- A kind of slow match or safety fuse.
- Any small firecracker sold to the general public. Usually available in special clusters designed to explode in series after a single master fuze is lit.
- The heating element used to set off the sodium azide pellets in a vehicle's airbag.
- A small explosive used to replicate a bullet hitting a surface.
- A short piece of witty writing; a lampoon.
- A writer of lampoons.
- In a legal casebook, a short summary of a legal action placed between more extensively quoted cases.
- A short article, often published in journals, that introduces theoretically problematic empirical data or discusses an overlooked theoretical problem. In contrast to a typical article, a squib need not answer the questions that it poses.
- An unimportant, paltry, or mean-spirited person.
- A sketched concept or visual solution, usually very quick and not too detailed. A word most commonly used within the Graphic Design industry.
- To make a sound such as a small explosion.
- To throw squibs; to utter sarcastic or severe reflections; to contend in petty dispute.
- a unit of luminance equal to one candela per square centimetre
- Prophetess; hag.
- name, Sibyl
- Of or pertaining to tabes.
- Pertaining to tabes.
- Wasting away, declining.
- A book of the Catholic version of the Old Testament, considered apocryphal by Protestants.
- a model where the dependent variable is censored.
- A socially, ethnically, and politically cohesive group of people.
- A society larger than a band but smaller than a state.
- A group of apes who live and work together.
- The collective noun for various animals.
- A hierarchal rank between family and genus.
- A family of animals descended from some particular female progenitor, through the female line.
- To distribute into tribes or classes; to categorize.
- unbidden, uninvited.
- Which have not been bid for.
- To undo the process of bidding; to cancel a bid.
- To remove the turns of (a rope or cable) from the bits.
- An extensive patch of subcutaneous extravasation of blood.
- The large Indian civet, Viverra zibetha.
- A cowrie shell, once used as a form of currency in parts of Africa.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.
- A member of the Sioux tribe of American Indian; Siouan.
- An inability to walk due to a defect in muscular coordination.
- Of, pertaining to or caused by abasia
- Missing a nucleotide base
- One who abides, or continues.
- One who dwells or stays; a resident.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- An oily seed, from the South American plant used to make candles. 1976
- The manufacture or sale of liquors or drugs.
- A revenue tax on the manufacture or sale of liquors and drugs. 1976
- а gated community and oil-processing facilities located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia
- To wrench (something) out.
- To wake up.
- To spring, start, make a sudden movement.
- To shout out.
- To rise in the stomach with nausea.
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- To descend a steep or vertical drop using a rope with a mechanical friction device or (classic abseil) by wrapping the rope around the body; to rappel.
- A descent in mountaineering using a rope looped at the top and a friction device.
- To stand apart from; to leave off; to desist.
- Absence of willpower or decisiveness, especially as a symptom of mental illness.
- Relating to, characterized by, or affected with abulia.
- Possible to be done; practicable.
Possible word length